Newest Members
R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6, Johnnygolightly, Stormchaser
12318 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
9 registered (Johnnygolightly, 96789594, 6 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12318 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443117 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#166651 - 07/14/07 10:37 AM Re: male on male rape.. It happened to me [Re: Nate]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
This is not uncommon in the gay community. I would guess that a lot of it is unreported because the victim may feel that they deserved it, the sex was probably what they were out looking for in the first place, and "did I drink too much or did somebody slip me a mickey?" "I remember flirting with the guy and didn't say NO before I passed out, so am I hurt because he raped me or because I missed it?"

Abuse occurs when you don't have the capacity, capability or free will to say no to everything that happens to your body. Even if you said Yes earlier, if you don't have the ability to say yes again when push comes to shove, you were raped. You had no choice. Even if you aren't sure in your mind whether you should call it rape or not, the guilt, shame and hurt are symptoms of abuse.

I hope this sheds some light,

Lazarus

#166707 - 07/14/07 04:57 PM Re: male on male rape.. It happened to me [Re: Lazarus]
Nate Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
that's great light lazarus.

- Corita Kent

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.