Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
4 registered (don64, 3 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63991 Topics
446660 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#166629 - 07/14/07 07:32 AM Appeal to UK survivors - let's make a difference!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Guys,

Gordon Brown's first 100 days as PM will likely define his agenda for the remainder of his time in office, and the NSPCC is trying to make sure that the welfare of children is a government priority. To that end they have organized a general appeal and are asking the public for its support.

As survivors this ought to be a priority for us, don't you think? I am adding the link for the NSPCC appeal here, and Chris Wood and all the rest of us at the NSPCC would appreciate if you could take a few minutes of your time to let the PM know how vital this issue is. Here's where to go:

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/applications/campaign/sendecard2.aspx

The terrible things that still happen to kids here and elsewhere won't stop unless we make them stop. Together we can make a difference. Thanks.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#166634 - 07/14/07 09:00 AM Re: Appeal to UK survivors - let's make a difference! [Re: roadrunner]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Is there anything that your friends in the States can do to help?

Laz

#166643 - 07/14/07 09:58 AM Re: Appeal to UK survivors - let's make a difference! [Re: Lazarus]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Laz,

I suppose a word of support for the work of the NSPCC as the leading body in the UK fighting child abuse would be good as well. Thanks.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#166697 - 07/14/07 03:10 PM Re: Appeal to UK survivors - let's make a differen [Re: roadrunner]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

To those UK residents who wish to respond to this appeal.

Please understand that this thread is posted with the permission of the Site Supervisor under the site policy on "campaigns".

Also please remember that it is done with the stipulation that you respond to this appeal as a individual and not as a member of the MaleSurvivor organization.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.