Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (GT13568, HD001, 3 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442129 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#164331 - 07/01/07 03:14 PM New studies reveal infants are liars!
BrightStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well its official researchers have discovered infants and babies learn to lie right out of the womb:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2007/07/01/scibaby101.xml

So maybe nothing happened to me at all. Might have just been a horrible nightmare and my parents and their friends and my other family really did love me.

This article makes me sick to my stomach- but hey- now I don't have to see a shrink anymore- or come back to this site or go to weekend recovery retreats.

Thank God its all over now. We can all get some rest!.

#164379 - 07/01/07 10:06 PM Re: New studies reveal infants are liars! [Re: BrightStar]
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
Dear Bright Star,

Is this the same freudian psycho socio anaylst who asserts that baby poop is really an anal-sexual expression of contempt from the child learned from within the womb? Or the non-quite super nova who stated with video documentation that when little Willy waiting on his back for his wash from mum lets loose with a new golden arch into the air, is really illustrating the real fountain of youth?

Sort of reminds me of medieval theologians counting how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. "Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose" Not much changes, just the names folks.

The Telegraph has great obits though!!

froggy

#164430 - 07/02/07 08:04 AM Re: New studies reveal infants are liars! *DELETED* [Re: froggy12]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

#164443 - 07/02/07 08:45 AM Re: New studies reveal infants are liars! [Re: ttoon]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

maybe if they were getting the attention they need they wouldnt have to cry for it,and needing attention is not lying is it?crying is the only way a baby can comunicate anything. we are examples of what can happen when that attention is not given freely,to a baby or to a older kid.if parents didnt suck kids wouldnt have to lie to get their attention

#164445 - 07/02/07 09:31 AM Re: New studies reveal infants are liars! [Re: shadowkid]
indygal Offline

what's interesting about this story and the responses above are two-fold

first - that the researchers explaining their experiment do so from the position an infant is lying to deceive its caregiver; an infant could just as easily be learning at an incredibly young age to protect itself by whatever means it is able to do; take for instance a phenomenon in a nursery when if one baby cries, soon all babies will start - until they are all crying. now out in the wild, one baby crying alone would certainly attract predators - but many babies crying together - well - perhaps the opposite would happen as in "stay away we're many and we're strong" is the message; and in a sense the babies who had no reason to cry other than to support their sister/brother are "lying" (they don't need food etc.)

sometimes the researchers just haven't caught up to what's really going on yet \:\)

second is how the survivors who responded in typical "no one believed me" textbook mode --when perhaps, as i did, you can look at it another way and turn it around - if the baby is lying - it has a damn good reason for it as in - yes, it's ok, don't hurt me any more and i'm fine see me be quiet ....

sorta sad but i think it makes sense; tell me what do you think fellows?

indy

#164503 - 07/02/07 06:40 PM Re: New studies reveal infants are liars! *DELETED* [Re: indygal]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

#164826 - 07/04/07 11:38 PM Re: New studies reveal infants are liars! [Re: ttoon]
ecb Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is especially infuriating for me. I was accused of lying about the abuse even though I was only two. In this guys opinion I guess I could have been. Thank Christ my mother is smarter than this 'scientist.'

The article itself also lacks any form of de>

#165757 - 07/10/07 03:41 AM Re: New studies reveal infants are liars! [Re: ecb]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
That's pretty cool - learning to lie before they can walk or talk...and in seven different ways, no less. Actually, this really pisses me off. I mean, imagine how much Bruno has been playing me lo these seven years! Grrrrrr

Much rage,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#165929 - 07/10/07 10:01 PM Re: New studies reveal infants are liars! [Re: roadrunner]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys, I think you're reading this the wrong way. Merely finding out that young children are capable of being less than completely honest (for example, because they don't want to get in trouble) isn't a carte blanche condemnation of abuse allegations.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#165967 - 07/11/07 05:54 AM Re: New studies reveal infants are liars! [Re: melliferal]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Joshua,

I didn't take it as a threat to abuse allegations. I just wonder how accurately the results are being transferred from the formal scientific reports to the popular press. In particular, I have my reservations about the idea of an infant "lying" or "deceiving". It seems to me that "negotiating" would be less judgmental, and thus a better term.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.