Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
8 registered (BraveFalcon, Bluedogone, 5 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63768 Topics
445332 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#165933 - 07/10/07 10:28 PM why it sucks to have AIDS
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
why it sucks to have AIDS.
by Jarrad

1. people with AIDS can't go on work field trips like camping for 4 days because medication needs to be refridgerated.

2. people with AIDS can't move to other countries. no one will let us in.

3. people with AIDS never can save money. once you think you are accuring some sort of savings you get a kidney infection. if you can't save money it's probably because your meds are roughly $1500 per month. thank god we die early so we dont have to worry about retirement.

4.people with AIDS always feel sneaky espically when it comes to sex. should i tell? should i not? does he already know? and you always have his big huge thing to hide around co-workers and people who aren't close.

5. people with AIDS have to invite thier doctors to all family gatherings because they spend more time with them, then thier own families. it only makes sense to invite them.

6. people with AIDS have this huge sterotype hanging above our heads all the time. its like a huge arrow saying "slut." even if we arent. (well in my case i am.) haha.

7. people with AIDS never just have a cold. its a cold that turns into a pneumonia which turns into a hospital stay.

8. people with AIDS sometimes replace one set of track marks for another. i have to inject my meds which sucks. i used to hide track marks. now i have have to hide the med marks.

9. people with AIDS are lab rats for new meds. there is no long term studies done on the crap they give us so if we last longer than 20 years we might start growing ears out of our backs and a third nipple.

10. people with AIDS dont die from AIDS. they die from heart failure, liver failure, kidney failure.. all from the meds. the meds are more toxic then the fucking virus.

#165968 - 07/11/07 06:01 AM Re: why it sucks to have AIDS [Re: Jarrad]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jarrad,

Thanks for this. I know it must have sucked to have to post this, but I'm glad you did. It's shocking to become better informed and at the same time to discover how abysmally ignorant one is.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#165973 - 07/11/07 07:29 AM Re: why it sucks to have AIDS [Re: roadrunner]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jarrad,

My sister-in-law was an RN in an emergency room situation with an accident victim and contracted HIV. Every one of the things you list is familar to me...now.

She jokes about picking up her meds each month with a two wheel cart. Her, "six-packs."

Thank you for posting this...truly.

Dave

#165978 - 07/11/07 08:49 AM Re: why it sucks to have AIDS [Re: ttoon]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Thank you for writing this.

#166072 - 07/11/07 04:15 PM Re: why it sucks to have AIDS [Re: Hauser]
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have recently been diagnosed as HIV+ i will still go out camping - just have to leave the meds at home.

Duncan

#166142 - 07/11/07 09:04 PM Re: why it sucks to have AIDS [Re: duncanUK]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
duncan, i wish i could leave them at home but... its like, go camping or die. haha. well not that dramatic but the strain i have is for the most part med resistant so by missing doses i could become resistant to the meds im on. which sucks cause im running out of options.

#166178 - 07/11/07 11:03 PM Re: why it sucks to have AIDS [Re: Jarrad]
Army Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Jarrad,

Tough stuff, thanks for sharing. Your in my thoughts.

Army

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.