Originally Posted By: Elad 12
"If you bring forth what is within you,
what you bring forth will save you.

If you do not bring forth what is within you,
what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

Jesus Christ
Gospel Of Thomas

Hi,

it could be about confronting fears, yes, and well i do believe that the battle is the lords and there is no need to be afraid of your fears.

I think that this particular text is more related to confession of sins such as guilt, fear, jealousy, things that have become sins even though you didnt do anything wrong in the first place but were made to think you did so you feel a certain way, stuff like that, things that eat you up inside, things that eat you up that no one knows about, it means if you confess these sins to God and have faith that these are now forgiven then there is no need to feel a certain way about certain events etc... something you can do in your own home in your own head silenty between you and God, IE: it reflects 1 John 1:9 if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Even for that matter maybe its saying that not matter what your problem, no matter how big or small it is or isn't, no matter how much you dont want to talk about it or be open when it is between you and God it is only ever between you and God, you must bring it forth and ask God for help with an answer to your questions or problems. that dont mean a magical answer to your prayer though, if that always happened then the existance of God would be proved which removes the question of faith in regard to belief in God or not. So therefore if you have faith that what you asked for will happen, then eventually you will get the answer or help you seek, it just could take time. God cant operate on your time, his answers to prayers come at the right time even of it dont seem that way.

But ultimately if its not in the original canon then its not part of it and is uninspired by God and is therefore, although not necessarily wrong, is not an accurate statement of the mind of Christ and is therefore not of God and should not be part of doctrinal teachings, save for illustration purposes.

but each to their own, their is no right or wrong as far as spirituality and religion goes, wars are fought over it. so believe what you want to believe, i know what i believe and thats what counts now for eternity.

anyway, thats my take on it.

cheers

mitcho2