Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63783 Topics
445415 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#165614 - 07/09/07 11:34 AM Re: I can't get clean [Re: pain4ever]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I see this for everyone else - why can't I see it for me? If someone says their abuse was their fault, this voice inside of me screams "No - it is NEVER their fault."

I wish I could get that voice to scream for himself. I think that's a big part of the slump right now - the loneliness, sense of no one close ... it's at a maximum right now.

So maybe that's it, I need to connect. And if there is no one here, then I will have to accept connection thru the "void" that is the internet.

Guess it's time for me to stop whining anyway. Thanx.

#165616 - 07/09/07 11:44 AM Re: I can't get clean [Re: MarkK]
pain4ever Offline

Okay first off...youre not whining. This is huge for you right now and for us because we care. So stop right there...you are not whining, you are letting out your emotions and feelings, that will help close the loneliness gap and help you work through this. Posting on here is great for working out your emotions.

To get that voice to scream for yourself, you have to start seeing the value in yourself and the disgrace that was done to you. Once you see how much you are truely worth you will realise how the abuser attempted to devalue you BUT FAILED. You get mad...then that voice will scream from the top of the highest mountains for you.

I dont know your personal situation but here you have people who understand and connect with you...they care and if anything heal for us!!

#165631 - 07/09/07 02:05 PM Re: I can't get clean [Re: pain4ever]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I had a T tell me once I needed to "find my voice" and scream. Or yell. But MAKE A NOISE. According to her, since the idea of "being loud" shrivels me inside - that was proof enough that I need to do it.

I think one of the biggest hurdles is "seeing the value in myself"...

I appreciate the feedback more than you might realize ... then again, you probably DO realize ...

I feel there is this impenetrable wall before me. I can't move it, can't go around it, over it, under it - and sure can't go THROUGH it ...

I hate being a defeatist

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#165634 - 07/09/07 02:09 PM Re: I can't get clean [Re: MarkK]
pain4ever Offline

We all have the walls...I used to joke that mine were 100 feet tall, 50 feet thick and I was waiting at the top with Gatlin Guns. But the thing is I made that a wall so I could go through but no one could get in (thats not good either but its better than having a wall I cant go through). I did that by realsing my value in life.

You need to realise how much you are worth and how much you mean to others to find that voice for yourself. You have to realise you are worth standing up for!

#165636 - 07/09/07 02:13 PM Re: I can't get clean [Re: pain4ever]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: pain4ever
You need to realise how much you are worth and how much you mean to others to find that voice for yourself. You have to realise you are worth standing up for!

If I may quote dear Hamlet : Ay, there's the rub.

M

#165638 - 07/09/07 02:18 PM Re: I can't get clean [Re: MarkK]
pain4ever Offline

You are worth it!!!

#165639 - 07/09/07 02:29 PM Re: I can't get clean [Re: pain4ever]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

That has yet to be proven.

#165665 - 07/09/07 07:31 PM Re: I can't get clean [Re: MarkK]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

"So maybe that's it, I need to connect."

Exactly...and when you do...tell em what you need.

:-)

Dave

#165671 - 07/09/07 07:48 PM Re: I can't get clean [Re: ttoon]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

when I do ... if I do ... I'll do that.

M

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#165690 - 07/09/07 09:28 PM Re: I can't get clean [Re: MarkK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mark,

I think a key for you lies in the question you ask:

Originally Posted By: MarkK
I see this for everyone else - why can't I see it for me? If someone says their abuse was their fault, this voice inside of me screams "No - it is NEVER their fault."

I think the reason is that when we look at someone else we can, first of all, be objective, and second, see the "big picture". We can see the other guy as an innocent child, with no negative ideas or false lessons about him getting in our way, and as a good man today, struggling and striving like all the rest of us.

But when we look at ourselves, that's where our vision is distorted. When the abuser messed with you, Mark, he didn't wreck your image of children in general, he ravaged your image of Mark. You see only yourself as guilty because you are the one the abuser hurt.

This is yet another area where "talking about it" - my mantra, I know - is so very important. As we connect with all those other innocent guys we begin to see that we must be innocent as well. We develop the skills we need to claim and believe in our own blamelessness too.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.