Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (Austintexan, JW1230, learning2remember, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63994 Topics
446676 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#16551 - 07/15/05 04:01 PM Re: The dentist - TRIGGERS
beachman Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Thank you. I think I will send you a PM.
Steve

#16552 - 07/20/05 06:51 AM Re: The dentist - TRIGGERS
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Steve,

the dentist is a HUGE trigger for me. I go for yours between going to the dentist, even to have my teeth cleaned. I finally went two years ago, but told them I need the happy gas. At first I was reconsidering on that even, that perhaps I would feel loss of control if they use that. But it was helpful to me. I did not remember the parts of the visit that would normally trigger me.

I am glad you got through it, but I hope that it is easier in the future. Take good care.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#16553 - 07/20/05 09:31 PM Re: The dentist - TRIGGERS
beachman Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I am afraid of any form of being put out, although within the past year I had to go under anasthesia. One time I brought a friend so I felt a little safe. The other time was for a test (I forget what it's called) but it was to check my upper g.i., and right before they put you out they insert a tube! It was very difficult for me, and I ended up seeing a former trauma expert who had helped me after the rape andthen I spoke with the gastro doc so he would be more aware and careful. He was pretty good with me as I talked to him about waking up too soon after and having the tube brought out of my mouth with his hands near my face.
Sorry for the detail, my brothers, but it helps me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.