Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
2 registered (Hopein14, Cthulhu), 28 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441739 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#165499 - 07/09/07 07:09 AM Well, I'm here
Cidnie Offline

Loc: SFC, CA
Yep...learned about this site through google, of all things...but hey, maybe it'll be good for me. I'm seventeen. I was sexually abused by an older foster brother from around ten to twelve. Aannd...that's about it...I'm just going to take some time to snoop around and read through some things. I just thought I'd introduce myself.
That's a rather morbid introduction, isn't it..?

#165500 - 07/09/07 07:21 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: Cidnie]
DrT Offline
New Here

Loc: NY
Morbid but real. I was abused when I was 21 and never told anyone until I was 55. Keep looking because the felling that you are alone is one of the worst parts of the abuse.

#165501 - 07/09/07 07:26 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: DrT]
Cidnie Offline

I haven't really talked about it to anyone. A lot of social workers and counselors tried to get me to talk about it when I was younger, but I just clammed up and they gave up. Kind of ironic that now that I feel that I CAN talk about it, no one is there to listen.
I've been reading through some of the personal stories here and a lot of them are just...shocking...raw, and shocking. I feel disgustingly relieved...to find a commonality among everyone here. I guess that's just part of it, though.

#165502 - 07/09/07 07:42 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: Cidnie]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Welcome, Cidnie. I'm sorry you have to be here, but I'm glad you are. You seem to have a pretty good head on your shoulders and you will find a lot of helpful, friendly people here who will listen. I certainly have. There's nothing to be afraid of, nothing to be embarassed about, so just let it all out.

Once again, it's nice to meet you. Welcome!

Laz

#165504 - 07/09/07 07:51 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: Lazarus]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Cidnie,

Welcome to MS, and I'm glad you found us. If you're looking for guys to listen, this is the place. I don't find your intro morbid at all; it's always going to feel strange when we begin to talk about all these things. Just ease into things and read around, and you will find your own pace for talking about things. No one will judge or blame you here, so feel free to just let out whatever you need to talk about.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#165505 - 07/09/07 07:54 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: roadrunner]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

DrT,

Welcome to you too. You are so right: that feeling of "I'm all alone with this" is one of the worst parts of abuse. But you aren't alone here. When you feel you can, I hope you will take advantage of the discussion board and begin to talk about things. It really does help.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#165511 - 07/09/07 08:05 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: roadrunner]
Cidnie Offline

Thanks a lot for the welcome! I'm trying to think of how to write my story for that section of the forums, but it's difficult...I've spent a long time burying all of it and to dredge it up now, purposefully, feels awkward.
I'll be going to college soon...double major and a full time job...and it's just been affecting me for too long. I want to be able to focus on school and work...I'd like to be able to sleep again...so, I'm here.

#165512 - 07/09/07 08:06 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: Lazarus]
Cidnie Offline

Thank you, Laz! Yoroshiku! (Japanese for please to meet you) In time I'll find a way to put it all in words...but I'm glad to be here.

#165586 - 07/09/07 10:33 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: Cidnie]
emptydreamer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest USA
Hey Cidnie, just want to add to the welcomes. Like everyone else, sorry you need to be here, but glad that you are. You will find much understanding and support here. Come when you want, post what you can, when you can. You will never be judged or condemned here.
Best wishes and warmest regards,
Scott

#165669 - 07/09/07 07:45 PM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: emptydreamer]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

so glad to see younger guys..............starting to deal with this crap.........only took me 40 years or so to get my crap together to realize why my life was so screwed up...and the playing factor of it...............my best to youins.........................steve

#165675 - 07/09/07 08:42 PM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: sabata]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome Cidnie!

You've taken an important step just in coming here and beginning to talk about it. Talking helps to empower you to heal.

John

#165686 - 07/09/07 09:19 PM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: WalkingSouth]
JerrySan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Clinton Indiana
Welcome Cidnie it took me a long time to talk about my abuse, just take your time.

#165720 - 07/10/07 12:15 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: sabata]
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Cidine,

Add me to the list of Welcome's.

Glad you googled us.

It is not a morbid intro you did. You are family. We understand where you are coming from.

Read, chat and write as you are able. You already met some of the good guys and there are many more.

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#165722 - 07/10/07 12:19 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: healing_inside]
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome also to Dr T.

Glad you found us also.

As you will find you have brothers here at various ages and experiences.

You have found the best place on the Internet for support and i am glad you did.

Take a look around and write as you are comfortable.

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#165768 - 07/10/07 07:20 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: healing_inside]
Cidnie Offline

Thank you for the welcome, everyone. Went ahead and posted my story. Might as well get it out, right? I imagine you'll be hearing more from me in the way of autobiographies...writing has always been a sort of detached way for me to get things out.

#165770 - 07/10/07 07:30 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: Cidnie]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Cidnie,

I just want you to know I read your story. That was a brave thing you did to tell all that, and I am so sorry this happened to you. I think it's good to get this crap out in the open like this. When we do that we are reclaiming our voice, rejecting the silence, and throwing the blame back to those who hurt us. Well done.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#165771 - 07/10/07 07:40 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: roadrunner]
Cidnie Offline

Thanks, Larry. Finding my way through it all slowly, but surely.

#166058 - 07/11/07 03:01 PM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: sabata]
kellygtx Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Cidnie,

Welcome also. I am new here also but not to the pain, shame, and guilt you feel. I too was sexual abused (raped) many, many times by my older brother and his friend for two years when I was 10 and 11. How many times I don't know - but it only takes once. It has taken me 35 years to get past the disassociation and put things back into my conscious mind. I too am sorry you have to be here - but it is so much better than "where" I was and I am sure better then "where" you are.

I bid you Peace.

Kelly

The time is always NOW. Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

#166115 - 07/11/07 07:50 PM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: kellygtx]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

yea my brother was screwing me at age about 10-11------------sorry about what you all have had to deal with----------------------------------steve

#166663 - 07/14/07 12:03 PM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: sabata]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Cidnie and DrT....WELCOME!

I hate that you have to be here...but since we are all in this sames boat....{{{welcome hug!!!}}}

Still's Globs

New Video

#166775 - 07/15/07 10:43 AM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: DrT]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

DrT,

Originally Posted By: DrT
Morbid but real. I was abused when I was 21 and never told anyone until I was 55. Keep looking because the felling that you are alone is one of the worst parts of the abuse.

Just wanted to add my own greeting to you, and welcome to Male Survivor. I'm glad you found us and I can assure you that you will find a great bunch of caring supportive guys here.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#166834 - 07/15/07 03:21 PM Re: Well, I'm here [Re: Still]
deck Offline

Loc: Indiana
Welcome Cidnie and DrT

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.