Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (Bardo, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63848 Topics
445827 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#199195 - 01/12/08 02:05 PM Re: Dentists- what would get you to go? [Re: theatrekid]
mvnforwrd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Good post

I thought i just didnt like dentist. But i just realized the real reason i dont like dentist. And that it has a great deal to do with the sexual abuse. my teeth are a mess. When i was a kid I even puched a dentist. Maybe i will now research alittle more to the relations of being sexual abused. Thanks mvn4wrd

#199287 - 01/13/08 10:34 AM Re: Dentists- what would get you to go? [Re: mvnforwrd]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
This is one of the areas that I have missed out on. I had never connected my fear of a dentist with my abuse, Duhh! I remember jokingly saying that I didn't trust anyone who wanted to put things in peoples mouths. Now it seems a little more serious.
I eat well, I excercise and otherwise take care of my body, including my teeth, and mind but have this place of neglect with my dentist visits. Maybe now I can approach it from a different angle and make an appointment, I think he needs a new garage anyway so I can contribute to that. :-)

#199288 - 01/13/08 10:53 AM Re: Dentists- what would get you to go? [Re: dancr6]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Well I told my T that I was going to make an appointment within the next two months. My fear came from having a tooth pulled before the Novocain had time to work. My experience since then have been mostly positive with the exception of a condescending dentist who brought down the wrath of guilt and shame on me for not taking care of my teeth. That made me shy away for a long long time. But now I need to do something about my dental health because I really need a lot of work done. I'm probably looking at he cost of a car just to get my teeth in good health.
I'm going to look into the sedation dentistry where they do all the work on the second or third visit. This I could handle since I don't have to keep going back except for routine visits. Wish me luck guys.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.