Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441846 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#199195 - 01/12/08 02:05 PM Re: Dentists- what would get you to go? [Re: theatrekid]
mvnforwrd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Good post

I thought i just didnt like dentist. But i just realized the real reason i dont like dentist. And that it has a great deal to do with the sexual abuse. my teeth are a mess. When i was a kid I even puched a dentist. Maybe i will now research alittle more to the relations of being sexual abused. Thanks mvn4wrd

#199287 - 01/13/08 10:34 AM Re: Dentists- what would get you to go? [Re: mvnforwrd]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
This is one of the areas that I have missed out on. I had never connected my fear of a dentist with my abuse, Duhh! I remember jokingly saying that I didn't trust anyone who wanted to put things in peoples mouths. Now it seems a little more serious.
I eat well, I excercise and otherwise take care of my body, including my teeth, and mind but have this place of neglect with my dentist visits. Maybe now I can approach it from a different angle and make an appointment, I think he needs a new garage anyway so I can contribute to that. :-)

#199288 - 01/13/08 10:53 AM Re: Dentists- what would get you to go? [Re: dancr6]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Well I told my T that I was going to make an appointment within the next two months. My fear came from having a tooth pulled before the Novocain had time to work. My experience since then have been mostly positive with the exception of a condescending dentist who brought down the wrath of guilt and shame on me for not taking care of my teeth. That made me shy away for a long long time. But now I need to do something about my dental health because I really need a lot of work done. I'm probably looking at he cost of a car just to get my teeth in good health.
I'm going to look into the sedation dentistry where they do all the work on the second or third visit. This I could handle since I don't have to keep going back except for routine visits. Wish me luck guys.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.