Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
6 registered (Scott1962, Obi, 4 invisible), 41 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444489 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#164777 - 07/04/07 06:16 PM "The Pelzer Books" - new Bookstore category
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
FYI, we have added a new category to the MS bookstore for the books available through Amazon by the Pelzers. This includes titles such as "A Child Called It", "The Lost Boy", "A Man Named Dave", "A Teenager's Journey", etc.

For those not familiar with the Pelzer story, Dave Pelzer was removed from his home as a child in what was determined to be the worst case of child abuse in California history. He is now a motivational speaker, and his books are a real testament to the ability to overcome the past.

#164803 - 07/04/07 08:54 PM Re: "The Pelzer Books" - new Bookstore category [Re: EGL]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right Behind You!
I read them as they were released. Hell, I devoured them! Lorie could never understand my draw toward such books before my disclosure. Now she does.

At the time, the Pelzer books brought me some hope...but also, at that same time, I thought I had done all I could with my own survival...that I would just have to continue living in silence and continue to "suck it up" and move on.

When the mask wore thin and fell away, I realized that Dave Pelzer and I had far too much in common.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#164843 - 07/05/07 03:02 AM Re: "The Pelzer Books" - new Bookstore category [Re: Still]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I remember reading "A Child Called It" and then the others as they appeared - man, what a powerful experience. The series can be criticized in certain ways, but there's no doubt that Dave Pelzer has done a huge service by drawing attention to how horrific child abuse can be and showing it happens to boys as well as girls.

As I posted elsewhere, I recently met a guy who knows the Pelzers. People in the neighborhood had no idea what was going on behind closed doors!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#164976 - 07/05/07 08:19 PM Re: "The Pelzer Books" - new Bookstore category [Re: roadrunner]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I read them too, well 3 of them 1st, 2nd and a teenagers journey.

I liked how it proved against the ultra taboo that "mom's can't abusive!!!!!!"

Edited by Logan (07/05/07 08:19 PM)
-Blade Runner

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.