Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
9 registered (dan_in_newengland, Anura, Affliction, finallyhere, 4 invisible), 40 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63776 Topics
445373 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#164499 - 07/02/07 05:57 PM This is awful
BrightStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

#164519 - 07/02/07 09:00 PM Re: This is awful [Re: BrightStar]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by melliferal (07/02/07 09:01 PM)

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#164532 - 07/02/07 11:05 PM Re: This is awful [Re: melliferal]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
I have a good frnd who was a placement agent for an Oregon School. He's get $60K/year in tuition for each kid. And yes, they would send in a big ex-marine to extract little Johnny in the middle of the night.

The story was nearly ALWAYS the same. Johnny had TWO parents with HIGH income. They both work and have never raised little Johnny on their own. People were always hired or Johnny was palced in daycare, etc.

My Frnd says that this is growing exponentially and that there is now extreme demand for camps/schools for poeple in the their early 20s who just cant function in the world.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#164545 - 07/02/07 11:48 PM Re: This is awful [Re: Still]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

It is not so much the kid being awakened and taken someplace in the middle of the night; parents can do that, or have that done I guess. I wouldn't if I were a parent, I'll admit; but I don't see it as some absolute travesty in and of itself.

My truck is with what happens to the kids when they get where they're going. The parents are spoonfed crap about natural, nurturing environments with horseback riding, guitar playing - some discipline too, but by all accounts basically just a summer-campish boarding school, which is why the parents don't feel too bad about sending their kids there.

The actual places are nothing like this. Everything is regulated and scheduled, and the slightest infractions are made example of. And while the punishments may not exactly be torture when taken by themselves, the rules are so unyielding that the inmates are being punished constantly. The older, more advanced inmates are placed in a position of meager authority over younger ones; and those older inmates, already hardened and bitter from their own treatment, don't hesitate to chomp at this bit as often as they can.

Then, this place operates and sends "students" to some other facilities located in foreign countries (namely Jamaica and Mexico), where there is less or even no fear of legal reprisal, where the treatment becomes downright brutal and physically abusive.

Adding insult to injury is a promise to the parents that inmates who are educated by these "schools", which are allegedly "accredited" (in reality by a front organization that is not recognized by the US Department of Education), will receive a high school diploma when they leave - they in fact receive a worthless piece of paper that nobody, anywhere, will accept; and with good reason, when you take a look at what "education" in these places actually entails.

It seems to me (after careful thought, mind you), that these places are in a sense even worse than those teen "boot camps", because inmates stay at WWASP/S schools for months - or even years if the staff doesn't like them and won't allow them to "graduate".

Edited by melliferal (07/02/07 11:51 PM)

#164553 - 07/03/07 12:26 AM Re: This is awful [Re: melliferal]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Melliferal,

Originally Posted By: melliferal
It is not so much the kid being awakened and taken someplace in the middle of the night; parents can do that, or have that done I guess.

I would just note here that the motive behind this kind of thing is absolutely abusive. the message is that harm can reach out to you from anywhere any time and in any place - even to your bed in the middle of the night.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#164564 - 07/03/07 05:17 AM Re: This is awful [Re: roadrunner]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think that's the message the teenager might get; I'm not so sure that is necessarily the motive, though. I was under the impression that the "point" behind it is that someone roused from sleep at 2 in the morning will not be able to think clearly and is not going to be in a state to put up much resistance to being taken somewhere. I could be wrong, though - as I said, I wouldn't do it; who knows how these people think.

Edited by melliferal (07/03/07 05:19 AM)

#164565 - 07/03/07 05:17 AM Re: This is awful *DELETED* [Re: melliferal]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Duplicate Post - deleted by Brian

Edited by Brian (07/24/07 04:49 PM)

#164567 - 07/03/07 08:11 AM Re: This is awful [Re: melliferal]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

if they are taking you there being woke up in the middle of the night is the least of your worries

#164568 - 07/03/07 08:12 AM Re: This is awful [Re: shadowkid]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

you will get used to being woke up in the night ,but for things you dont talk about till years later

#164570 - 07/03/07 08:22 AM Re: This is awful [Re: melliferal]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Melliferal,

Originally Posted By: melliferal
I think that's the message the teenager might get; I'm not so sure that is necessarily the motive, though.

Yes, I think you're right. But that makes it even worse; they're not thinking at all about how this will look or feel to the kid they're dragging away.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.