Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
2 registered (md4e, takingitslow), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63173 Topics
441744 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#164635 - 07/03/07 04:51 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Trish4850]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I support the idea of using seat belts, but I'm with Hauser in that I don't support the government telling me to do it or be punished. They government has usurped way too much authority over our lives as it is, and needs to be stepped waaaaay back.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#164640 - 07/03/07 06:11 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: FormerTexan]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
With 400,000 cigarette-related deaths each year in the USA, would'nt you think if they really wanted to save lives they would ban them? The simple fact is, seatbelts have no lobby. They are an easy target for nit-whit politicos to "do something." Its NOT about saving lives!!!! Its ALL about political posturing.

Cigs have a HUGE lobby but cigs kill huge numbers of people. Thus, no ban.

Still's Globs

New Video

#165090 - 07/06/07 10:57 AM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Still]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I was found GUILTY. We, (the magistrate and I) argued ALL OVER the legal and social issues regarding seat-belt laws, for almost an HOUR. He eventually said that if I wanted to prove the unconstitutionality of seat-belt laws, that I would have to bring it all the way to the Supreme Court, given that 49 other states have them. To that I rebutted that the only reason most of these states have these laws is because the Federal Government threatens to take away highway construction money that they promise to give to other states that DO comply with their wishes. As Rob pointed out they don't have seat belt laws in NH, nor do they have many miles of highways, what a strange coincidence huh?

Yeah, I lost, but at least I kept that policeman in that courtroom for an hour and off the streets and writing these stupid tickets. I also tied up the magistrate's time for almost an hour.

OH, this might make you laugh! When I left the courtroom, I said "I lost!" to the sheriff that screens people at the door of the courthouse for weapons. He smiled and said "Hey don't feel bad most of them do." He then asked, "What was the charge?" I replied "Seat belt ticket." To which he laughed and said "Why didn't you just pay the ticket? How could you possibly win against that?" I replied that "The law was Unconstitutional and a violation of my civil rights." To which he replied, "Oh GOD, you're one of those libertarians? Are you in the Michigan Militia too? Should I have padded you down for weapons?".........???????? Yes he said that although with a smile on his face.

Yes, I believe in the Constitution, what the HELL is wrong with that?

If everyone did their civic duty like I did today, they would stop trying to enforce stupid laws.

#165091 - 07/06/07 11:13 AM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Hauser]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
"Yes, I believe in the Constitution, what the HELL is wrong with that?"

Absolutely nothing! The deputy you spoke to is one of those mind-already-made-up/I'm-the-law-and-you're-nothing drones. He doesn't care about your rights. Many of those guys are only there for their lousy civil service paycheck. There are a few good ones, but they are few and far between from what I hear.

More people need to know the Constitution and it's history. There is nothing wrong with knowing your rights - the restrictions on government.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#165105 - 07/06/07 01:02 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: soapy bubbles]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Originally Posted By: soapy bubbles
In England, we're nannied and sterilised within an inch of our lives. I hate it.

SB

yeah we had a war over that with England... lol

seat belts do save lives i wouldnt get in a car without them that being said, our goverment has no right to make us wear seat belts. if they were going to really protect i think there is a long list of things they should also make illegal... they chose seat belts because it is a perfect scape goat... the politician can stand on the podium and say i have saved lives...

Hauser good job for putting up a fight.

,Chris.

#165261 - 07/07/07 04:13 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: GWsurvives]
emptydreamer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest USA
OK! Gotta get my 2 cents in on this one. Before I start, let me say that I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt. NOT because I'm concerned with my safety. Because I CAN'T STAND the damn "ding, ding, ding," and that fat red guy that keeps winking at me from my instrument panel!!!
The damn "ding ding" used to stop after a few seconds in years past, now, the annoying thing never stops. NEVER!! OK done with that.
Now, I have always been a firm believer that the LESS government intrudes on our private lives, the better. This goes for Helmet laws, seat belt laws, and more importantly, the right to keep and bear arms. God gave us all free will, that's the excuse I hear from anyone who answers my question regarding "why would God allow bad things to happen to kids". So, as much as I get tired of hearing that explanation, I'm going to use it here. God gave us all free will, let not our government take it away. Of course we need laws to protect us from violence, and theft, and other criminal activities. We don't need laws to protect us from ourselves. What's next, a daily limit on donuts, or a weekly limit on how many orders of french fries we can consume?
I'm with you on this one Hauser!

#166624 - 07/14/07 05:12 AM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: emptydreamer]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I do not understand someone to be proud of how much they waste another person's time. And maybe that policeman would not been writing tickets you think is stupid. Maybe he would been at a home where there is family violence, protecting a woman from her husband or a child from abuse.

andrei

#166667 - 07/14/07 12:28 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: ak]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

excellent point, Andrei!

#166676 - 07/14/07 01:16 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: WalkingSouth]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Maybe the policeman in this situation COULD have been preventing abuse, had he not been sitting in his car, and waiting for non-violent citizens like myself, that are going about their every-day business, and NOT HARASSING them.

It starts with enforcement of GOOD LAWS, (laws in which there is a perpetrator and a victim), not crimes against the state.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.