Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
3 registered (Cthulhu, 1lifenow, Drummer), 58 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63111 Topics
441350 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#164423 - 07/02/07 06:01 AM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: GWsurvives]
soapy bubbles Offline

Loc: london
In England, we're nannied and sterilised within an inch of our lives. I hate it.

SB

“Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” --- Eleanor Roosevelt

#164442 - 07/02/07 08:44 AM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: soapy bubbles]
Stefan012 Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Well if a rule is going to save a lot of lives, I'm all for that rule.

No they can't take them away, so they won't

#164497 - 07/02/07 05:48 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Stefan012]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Correction, wearing a seat belt MIGHT your life. Remember almost a third of vehicular deaths were people WEARING seat belt, in accordance to their nanny........err I meant government sorry.

You could also make a rule that no one can eat trans-fats, that would save lives.

You could also make a rule that we all drive no faster than 15km/hr, that would save lives.

You could also make a rule that no one may ride ATV's, that would save lives.

As Mel Gibson screamed in the movie Braveheart (1995).

FREEEEEDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#164498 - 07/02/07 05:57 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Hauser]
Alexander Offline

Aren't you overreacting a bit whit the freedom thing and all?
Besides more people dont die because they were seatbelts, much more then if they weren't wearing them. That's the point. so i think this is a good rule.
O well.

Alexander

But I am screaming underneath

#164510 - 07/02/07 07:42 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Alexander]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
the number of children saved by seatbelts is worth any legislation, imho. for that matter, if it saves one life - to me that makes it worth it.

i remember riding around in the back of the station wagon - three of us - and the dog - no seat belts ... one accident could have wiped us out

... just my opinion

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#164515 - 07/02/07 08:29 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: MarkK]
Alexander Offline

yeah exactly

But I am screaming underneath

#164569 - 07/03/07 08:19 AM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY *DELETED* [Re: Alexander]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

#164601 - 07/03/07 01:32 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: ttoon]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Sorry Hauser, I can't support you here. I was in a wreck around the corner from my home - I was wearing a seatbelt and came through with nothing more than the jitters.

When the seatbelt law went into effect in Jersey, I was a newlywed and my ex and I had to make a concerted effort to wear it; now however, it's second nature. Because I wear it and because my daughter has been taught to wear it since her first car ride outside of a car-seat, she is alive. You see, she has been a passenger in 2 separate vehicles that rolled-over - she is alive and whole because of that seatbelt. If it wasn't for the law that forced me to do it and teach her, she might not be with me.

Pay the ticket and buckle up!

ROCK ON........Trish

#164609 - 07/03/07 02:00 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Trish4850]
GWsurvives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, and here, among othe...
I don't think that the aurgument here is "do seat belts save lives?". I think what Hauser is asking is (correct me if I'm wrong) why does the Federal Gooberment have the right to make us wear them? Should that not be a choice? Should I not the right to eat raw red meat, have a glass of wine, smoke a cigarette, ride a four wheeler, jump out of an airplane, spend time in the woods where there might be bears present,use a lawnmower, use a hair dryer, or a host of other dangerous things? At what point does the "Nanny state" stop? I guess at some point, they will force us all to drive Volvos so we can be safe.

I am not opposed to wearing a seatbelt, but I am opposed to being forced to wear one.

GW

#164634 - 07/03/07 04:30 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: GWsurvives]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
GW,

I'm sure you're take on the question is 100% right, but my point is that if it hadn't been made a law which made me abide by it, which made me teach my daughter to abide by it.........very bad things would have happened. So yes, choice is always good, but sometimes, as in this very limited instance, I'm glad we didn't have one.

Trish

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.