Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, 2 invisible), 56 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63112 Topics
441360 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#164190 - 06/30/07 03:57 PM Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Guys? Can you help me find a government document that is sited in this article?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig4/wilson-brian8.html

I've emailed the author and hopefully, he'll reply. But if he doesn't I sure would appreciate it if you could help me to find "The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) report on highway fatalities and seat belt use for 2002."

I'm going to give the magistrate a speech about how seat-belt laws are unconstitutional and that the city that he represents have no legitimate reason to be my NANNY.

I've also emailed the webmaster at the http://www.nhtsa.gov/ site but I doubt he'll help me. I would LOVE to site the government's OWN statistics which make the ubiquitous statement "Seatbelts save lives" a misnomer at best, an outright lie at worst.

If anyone can find this report for me to print out, I'll give you a cybre-hug, and I don't give those out very often.

#164196 - 06/30/07 05:15 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Hauser]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Seatbelt has saved my life, and my best friend's a few years ago. It is not a lie. It maybe do not do it every time, but that one, if we had not worn them, I am sure one of us if not both would been dead.

Maybe it is best to just follow the law, whether you agree or not. Or pay the penalty.

VN

#164202 - 06/30/07 06:39 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: VN]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Heh, I USUALLY do Visha but I was merely going from my Uncles house to my Cousin's house, in a 2-block radius, and in a residential area, and I got PULLED OVER.

NO SEAT BELT.......EMERGENCY!!!!!!! PULL OVER!!!!!! "Your papers please." "YOUR PAPERS ARE NOT IN ORDER." STEP OUT OF THE CAR PLEASE.

lol ok it didn't go THAT far but I think you get my point. Visha this is supposed to be a country about individual liberty, personal responsibility, and small, LIMITED government. Not a NANNY-STATE lol

#164220 - 06/30/07 09:34 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Hauser]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Tell the pigs to go "wank it."
Call them the "jack-booted thugs" they truly are.

THEN you'll have quite a night!!!!!

Still's Globs

New Video

#164221 - 06/30/07 09:35 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Hauser]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Alan,

I can appreciate your chagrin, but most accidents occur close to home. I can second Visha on seat belts. I know a number of cases where someone involved in an accident is alive today because he had buckled up.

I could go on forever about "nanny laws" lol, but it seems to me that seat belt laws don't fall into this category. I just say this because I think if you try to fight from this corner you are bound to lose.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#164226 - 06/30/07 09:54 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: roadrunner]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Move to NH Hauser. Its this nation's LAST true stand!!!

LIVE FREE OR DIE!!!!

AND...H...that NANNY mentality crap permiates into the strangest freaking places in our lives!!! ;\)

Edited by Robbie Brown (06/30/07 10:18 PM)

Still's Globs

New Video

#164233 - 06/30/07 10:49 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Still]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

hauser i'd much rather read here that you got a ticket than read in the paper you died in an accident cause you didnt have it on. adam

#164235 - 06/30/07 11:02 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Still]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh I'm all for wearing seat belts, ok? But......BUT in a free society, it is for insurance companies, to assess on a competitive and voluntary basis, PROBABILITIES and expected losses. Laws that are enforced by government in a free society should deal in actions and actions alone, and only insofar as they damage person or property.

I will lose, but I will have my say in front of that magistrate before I pay that insulting fine.

And when he tells me, "I'm not going to argue law with you." I shall respond to that by saying "Does the City of East Grand Rapids consider it's position so weak that it cannot withstand debate?"

Also, there is an unforgotten notion to consider: My elected "representatives" and my sorry excuse for a Governor never even differed to the will of the PEOPLE on this matter. They simply said to them selves "Oh more Federal Highway money!" "Let's comply!"

If my Reps had and BALLS they would stop playing this game of:

1. Having hard earned money taken by individuals like me.
2. Feeding a huge Bureaucratic red tape machine located in D.C.
3. Then jumping through hoops like Pavlov dogs just to get more
money, which is doled out to the States like an allowence,
and not caring that their constituents get harassed
and threatened with FINES and IMPRISONMENT for not complying.

Freedom with risk is ALWAYS better than tyranny with promised safety.

Ok I'll shut up.

#164304 - 07/01/07 12:36 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Hauser]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

I've resolved that when I come to court, I'm going in bare naked except for the American Flag draped around my waste. Oh, and I'll wear a T-shirt with the Bill of Rights printed on it, with a big red stamp overlaying the Bill of Rights saying: "VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW"

#164380 - 07/01/07 10:09 PM Re: Got seat belt ticket------NOT GUILTY [Re: Hauser]
GWsurvives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, and here, among othe...
Hauser, I'm with you on this one..

RoadRunner, if most accidents occur near my home... I'm moving!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.