Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (Jay1946), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443150 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#164067 - 06/29/07 04:45 PM one I thought up while driving today
knot4sail16 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern U.S.
Sometimes it hits and I just can’t help but think…

What a bastard enigma.
Completely contextless.
Not even a decent plot structure.
No setup and all fall.

Here’s my tragic flaw.

I guess even well-adjusted kids
From good families
Are susceptible to longing for

…Acceptance.

Peace,
Daniel

#164077 - 06/29/07 06:27 PM Re: one I thought up while driving today [Re: knot4sail16]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Daniel,

That's not a flaw, is it? All boys long for acceptance and yearn to "fit in" at almost any cost. It's part of growing up when we learn to modify that yearning with considerations of what is good for us and what is right in general. The tragedy is that this yearning is used to exploit so many boys before they can learn how to modify it themselves.

So back to the mantra, my friend: it was NOT your fault.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#164084 - 06/29/07 06:55 PM Re: one I thought up while driving today [Re: roadrunner]
knot4sail16 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern U.S.
Yeah, I know. It was more of a reflection today on how I have felt, rather than a currently experienced emotion. I guess I like the ironic. I know that longing for acceptance and belonging is a great thing that I want to nurture and fulfill one day for my own kids. I also know that that is one of the primary ways that abusers prey on kids. I know that was my situation. I just wanted to be "the favorite" cousin.

I was thinking today that it was really a pattern. I have always wanted the acceptance of guys just a few years older than me. I have distanced myself from guys my own age, and I have been chasing that acceptance for so long.

In some ways I realize that I relate more with women as a way of distancing myself from feeling like I can't relate with other guys or live up to their expectations.

Okay, so now I really am feeling those emotions again. I think that's all I can go into for now if I actually want to have a decent evening.

Peace,
Daniel

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.