Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, randombreeze, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63231 Topics
442168 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#163438 - 06/26/07 08:34 AM Why
Jaysen Offline

I sit here and watch
The sun rises over a despondent world...
and I wonder why

#163439 - 06/26/07 08:38 AM Re: Why [Re: Jaysen]
pain4ever Offline

Jay...Why do you feel that this world holds no hope? There is hope in this world and you have hope...you just have to get away from your current situation. I realize you may feel the need to protect your mother but she is a grown woman. She needs to be able to take care of herself. Go...start your own life.

#163517 - 06/26/07 08:11 PM Re: Why [Re: pain4ever]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jay,

There is usually no answer to the big "why" questions. What would an answer do? Clearly it would be some solution that would make all this okay. But can you imagine any answer that would make it all okay? I can't.

That's what makes some problems a real challenge: they call on us to move ahead and reclaim our own lives even though we don't have the answers we want for what has happened in the past. That's also why survivors get advised all the time to spend as little time as possible in the past. We can learn from the past, sure, but the past leaves a lot unanswered. If we keep looking back there for those non-existent answers we will spin our wheels in the past forever.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.