Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (5 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441971 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#162854 - 06/22/07 11:48 AM Danger: boys having fun
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
"Let's face it, most boys have these built-in motors that if you listen carefully, you can hear (they go "grrrr"). It would be hard to find two more amiable young under-13s for example, than Charles and Alex: they're polite, cheery and civilised, yet give them a garden and they don't turn it into a picnic spot for their cuddly toys, they transform it into a battlefield with all the gory trimmings."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2006/06/13/boboy13.xml&page=1

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/dangerous-boys.html

These articles made me laugh!

#162862 - 06/22/07 12:31 PM Re: Danger: boys having fun [Re: Hauser]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
hehe - pretty good. A whimsical laugh - I think half of me was wishing I could step back in age and join in ...

But I'm convinced a boy's motor goes "grrrr". When our youngest (and only son) was about 16 months old, he would sit in his high chair, with me nose-to-nose with him, and we would growl at each other. Our two daughters, of course, thought we were losing it, until their mother calmly told them we were "male bonding".

Thanks for posting this, Hauser. It brought me to a place of happy memories - if not of my youth, of my son's - and that's as good, if not better.

M

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#162881 - 06/22/07 02:58 PM Re: Danger: boys having fun [Re: MarkK]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Hauser,

That book looks like a must have for every boy ever.......so I ordered it for my 9 year old nephew. I'll just have to make sure my brother gets it instead of my sister-in-law who would like to keep the child in a bubble.

Thanks........Trish

#162903 - 06/22/07 04:26 PM Re: Danger: boys having fun [Re: Trish4850]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Alan,

Your post reminds me of a totally cool episode of the Simpsons in which the Springfield Elementary School is divided into separate sections for boys and girls. The girls' section is all flowery and intellectual, and the boys' section is a battlefield of guys running around and unable to sit still. I laughed myself senseless over that one.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.