Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
6 registered (BraveFalcon, bluesky, 4 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444461 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#162837 - 06/22/07 10:33 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... [Re: ttoon]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dave,

Not threatened at all. You've expressed the things you need to express. Whether I agree with them or not is beside the point. The important thing is that you have been able to say what needs to be said and to be heard.

I hear you, friend.

Lots of love,

John

#162925 - 06/22/07 06:02 PM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... [Re: ttoon]
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
It's called diversity and lawdy, lawdy, some Christians are troubled by it.

a cynical froggy today

#163011 - 06/23/07 07:09 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... [Re: froggy12]
Mark Antony Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hi Guys

As for the statement of diversity, the Catholic Church is not a buffet. You do not get to pick and choose what you want to accept. It is a very narrow belife in the Bible you either accept it or you do not, everyone is welcome but there are very specific ways to behave.

As for why a good and loving God would allow evil into the world is another issue. I have found all the pain and evil I have experianced has forced growth and made me a better person. I have had to experiance the negative of evil to force the positive changes I have made. This is now part of who I am and has caused me to become a better person. In retrospect I see that there were motives for him to allow me to get so low I wanted to die (I once asked the same question how can God allow this). I now have an understanding of people in crisis and can identify with them and work with them on a level that others can not. I have learned compassion and sensitivity from my abuse. He has formed me through the nightmare I experianced for the work he has asked me to do. How could I extend the sensitivity of healing with knowing it. If I had not experianced the battle how would I know when the victory has been achieved for others or even myself.

#163019 - 06/23/07 09:41 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... *DELETED* [Re: Mark Antony]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

#163178 - 06/24/07 10:19 PM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... [Re: ttoon]
Mark Antony Offline

Hi guys

Well, I will be the first to agree there were evil men doing terible things to boys under the cover of the priesthood. I also agree that the authorities in the church severly mishandled the situation. There is no teaching of the Catholic Church that says what happened is acceptable. Actually the bible states that anyone who causes harm to a child is better off to have a milstone tied around his neck and be thrown into the sea. There is evil in the world and in this case it has permeated the Catholic Church. The Church is made up of people who are not perfect. If you want to start pointing out errors in handeling the situation, where were the parents that knew that these men where just being moved to other parishes? Not removed from access to children. If that happened to one of my kids and the priest was not removed from having access to children. I would be at the door of the nearest ploice station as soon as I knew that the priest still had access to children.

As far as your rules seeming to fall short, the rules do not fall short. The imperfect humans dealing with the situation did not even come anywhere near the mark on following the rule. Had the rule been followed things would have been exceedingly different.

As far as my ability to understand people in crisis. You have not supported or disproved anything to do with my abilities in that area. What you have done is made assumptions based on the church I belong too. You also have made it clear that you are very ignorant of the teachings of that church.

Lets take a vote. Lets be fair before the vote is taken. To be fair you must have some information on what my foundations truly are, not what you assume them to be based on the church I belong to and a situation that ocurred in a state 1,200 miles form where I live.

As far as asking for forgiveness, If I thought there was just a slim possibility of a faint hope that there was a minute shred of sincerity in that request, I would with out hesitation! However I judge that your asking for forgiveness in this situation is just an example of political correctness. So you can say that you did the right thing and I should not be offened.

I am glad for your responce it is about time someone was able to defend the teacchings of the Catholic Church and demonstrate that what happened was not in accord with the teachings. Just because a man has been ordained into ministry does not mean he is protected from buring in Hell. The clergy is as suceptable to evil as anyone else (probably more so cause they are leading the fight against the enemy) many have fallen and many more will fall. But the teachings of the Catholic Church are still true and good even if the leaders mishandle things and fall.

Edited by Mark Antony (06/24/07 10:21 PM)

#163202 - 06/25/07 12:25 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... *DELETED* [Re: Mark Antony]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

#163208 - 06/25/07 01:06 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... [Re: ttoon]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

Just a reminder to keep posts respectful even when stating differences of opinion \:\)

John

#163225 - 06/25/07 07:35 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... [Re: WalkingSouth]
Mark Antony Offline

God does not plant seeds of abuse or any other evil. He does however allow evil in the world so he can in the long run use it for good.

The ignorant comment is not a reflection on intellegence just knowledge. There are many things I am not knowledgeable about therefore I am ignorant of them.

#163287 - 06/25/07 11:17 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... [Re: Mark Antony]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

god allows evil so he can use it later? and if what you say is gospell then why the hell aren't half the priests in the world sinking in the ocean with mill stones around their necks?and why is it ignorant to want proof that something is real and not just part of the longest running propaganda campaign in history? to me the church's position is crystal clear ,the church is the most important thing ,not the kids who get destroyed ,not the families that get destroyed,not the lives of innocent bystanders,that are affected,. above all else the biggest money making scam in history is whats important,people think that guys like me and ttoon are dangerous to the church ,we are non believers doomed to rot in hell ,the real danger in this world is the church its self ,they have proven that they will ignore abuse in the name of saving the church. and its all done in the name of god , what i am ignorant about is what we get in return for total obedience to the church and to their god?a ticket to heaven?well i have been told that everyone can get into heaven all they have to do is ask ,even the perps ,how shitty would that be?to walk through the gate and find out your perp is already there? god allowed what happened to me ,to use as a tool later ,well i guess thats a noble way to be huh? yeah i think god kept me alive so he could stand me up and say ,see things could be worse.ttoon gets my vote whatever we are voting on . i will go to the beach everyday but i bet i wont see one priest there with a stone around his neck or any other perp for that matter

#163297 - 06/25/07 11:51 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... *DELETED* [Re: shadowkid]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.