Newest Members
jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive, BCtejas, JHNebraska
12494 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12494 Members
74 Forums
64160 Topics
447746 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#162606 - 06/21/07 09:45 AM Bless me Father for I have sinned....
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bless

Edited by ttoon (07/09/07 06:52 AM)

#162614 - 06/21/07 10:03 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... [Re: ttoon]
GWsurvives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, and here, among othe...
ttoon,

I will only agree with you whole heartedly. You have put into words exactly my perspective on the "God" thing.

Sorry you have to be here, but since you do, it's a good place to be.

GW

#162616 - 06/21/07 10:13 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... [Re: ttoon]
knot4sail16 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern U.S.
ttoon,

Thank you for sharing this. I don't think this is an attack. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to enter into your deep questions.

Your story highlights for me some new and old questions that I have about God.

I don't think you have to believe in God after going through that. At the same time, I don't stop believing in God after what I have been through.

If God is loving and able to intervene, I don't have an explanation as to why God doesn't stop evil.

I find it hard to believe that a God who is loving yet somehow allows us to experience such horrific evil would also demand that we believe in and trust that God. I think such a God would have to have grace over our unbelief.

Thanks again for sharing such a difficult part of yourself.

Peace

#162644 - 06/21/07 11:55 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... *DELETED* [Re: ttoon]
krayoss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: west
Post deleted by krayoss

#162723 - 06/21/07 08:46 PM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... *DELETED* [Re: krayoss]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

#162762 - 06/21/07 11:07 PM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... [Re: ttoon]
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
ttoon,

I too am a product of RC schooling, 1st thru 12, including seminary. I was almost an ardent believer, especially as an altar boy, choir in HS, Boot Camp and then it went on hiatus.

The rape & molestation were around age 12,13 16 ???? not really sure anymore. I did not put a notch in the tree for each time it happened.

I believe and I don't believe but I had history profs say that I am an anomaly and I can accept that. My sister is an RC church lady and tries to impose her morality on me. I thank her but decline.

To me, god is the goodness in others, No face, no beard, no sex -if we are made in the image and likeness of god, god must be a hermaphrodite and will be interesting to meet some day. "Hey god, howzit going?" And if god is all goodness and love, god will know what I am going through and will understand. Not to worry. Done that already.

froggy, wandering and wondering.

#162772 - 06/21/07 11:52 PM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... *DELETED* [Re: froggy12]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

#162779 - 06/22/07 12:11 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... [Re: ttoon]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dave,

I hear you and you have every right to your anger. As you work through your issues only you have the right to determine the course of your recovery. What works for others may be neither here nor there for you. You will find a lot of support here, but ultimately your path will be your own - chosen by you.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#162791 - 06/22/07 02:31 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... [Re: ttoon]
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: ttoon
If I say that I do not believe in God then why is that perceived as a challenge to coerce or manipulate or convert me? If I say I do not believe in God and someone responds by saying, “I will pray for you.” Isn’t that the same as them saying to me…I am right and you are wrong. Isn’t that abusive? If I say I do not believe in God…then why is that an attack?
How have I attacked you? How have I hurt you? If I suggest that spirituality is, in fact, the relationship we have with all living things and exclude God as the Father, the creator…qualify it by offering that it is my opinion, my belief…then why are you compelled to argue? If you say, “Eventually, when you are through being angry, or have worked through your anger, you will find God again.” Aren’t you telling me what to feel and how to feel…passing judgment on me?

Is this post…an attack? Is it a judgment? Do you feel threatened?
Why?
Dave

Dave

I have ade it clear in many instances where I stand spiritually.

Do I see your post as an attack? No
Is it a jusdgement? No.
Do I feel threatened? No.
Have you attacked me or my believes? No.
Will I pray for you? Yes.
Why? Because I am standing on the other side. I find my strength in Him. Not in a church, not in an institution, but Him. He has carried me through pretty rough times. When there was no one else, He was there.
Am I going to try to convert you? No. That is not my place to do.

You have the right to believe what you want, we all do. We are all connected with a similar pain, hurt and struggle. Your experience made youbelieve the things you do. My experience makes me believe what I do.

Thanks for your honesty in your post.

#162803 - 06/22/07 07:24 AM Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... *DELETED* [Re: pietie]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.