Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (WriterKeith, Tiger1982, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441820 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#162602 - 06/21/07 09:36 AM Re: new [Re: krayoss]
Hunter18 Offline
New Here

Loc: Wildwood
thanks! cute dog by the way.
i'm reading a lot of stuff here and most of it is real smart, a lot of wisdom like you say. some of it is way too heavy. it seems like everyone really cares. thanks about my attitude, i try to have a good one as much as possible. today is a good day tomorrow might not be.

#162604 - 06/21/07 09:40 AM Re: new [Re: krayoss]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome to MaleSurvivor, Hunter.

I'm glad to hear you have your mom's support in this. That can be extremely important. From the few words you've said about your dad, it sounds like he is in denial.

One thing: It takes a "Real Man" to face what has happened to us. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

#162608 - 06/21/07 09:47 AM Re: new [Re: Dewey2k]
Hunter18 Offline
New Here

yup shes supportive but i hate it sometimes, she gets so upset and i know she just doesn't know what to say or do sometimes. most of the time i don't let her know when i get so sad or angry, it doesn't do her any good to know, shes a good mom and i don't want to hurt her with all this. dad is in denial i think, why else would he not talk about it or mention it, he ignores me and acts like i'm this big embarrassment to him and the family. i tried and tried to talk with him but he gets annoyed at me, yells and hits, then my mother gets pissed and goes right after him, then they get into it. i just can't stand that so i go about my business like i'm invisible. that's what he likes so that's what i'll do. he doesn't think real men should cry or even admit when things hurt.

#162611 - 06/21/07 09:55 AM Re: new [Re: Hunter18]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Hunter,

I said to myself "suck it up...get on with the life you've been dealt." It NEVER worked! So glad you are dealing with it now.

Welcome.

Robbie

Still's Globs

New Video

#162612 - 06/21/07 09:57 AM Re: new [Re: Still]
GWsurvives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, and here, among othe...
ShaowdowKid said it best (jeesh he's smart).. "You are being a man about it"!!!

Welcome to the "Brotherhood".

GW

#162613 - 06/21/07 09:59 AM Re: new [Re: GWsurvives]
Hunter18 Offline
New Here

thanks! \:\)

#162618 - 06/21/07 10:35 AM Re: new [Re: Hunter18]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Hey Hunter, just wanted to add my welcome. Your in the right place, lot's of great people and love and support.

Your Dad is very wrong, I had the exact same kind of Dad.

Stay Strong Buddy
Mike

#162621 - 06/21/07 10:37 AM Re: new [Re: mogigo]
Jaysen Offline

Hunter, welcome... this is a great place to be.

Jay

#162632 - 06/21/07 11:21 AM Re: new [Re: Jaysen]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Welcome aboard Hunter.

We all process and handle things differently. I know of a girl that was repeatedly raped by 3 of her mothers' concurrent boyfriends and she turned out fairly normal, (albeit with professional help) if you can believe that.

I also know of a guy who, when he was a boy, was sexually abused only once by a neighbor, and yes he told, and yes the guy went to jail, and yet, still years later, he's struggling to deal with the feelings and anger and all the emotional garbage that was started by that one incident.

What's my point? We're all different people. It's not outside the realm of possibility for a survivor of sexual abuse to just "deal with it" and live a fairly good quality of life (without professional help and support), BUT just because YOU maybe can't doesn't mean there is something wrong with you. And your Dad has NO RIGHT to make that judgment for YOU.

Does he KNOW what happened to you? Have you given him the details?

#162635 - 06/21/07 11:37 AM Re: new [Re: Hauser]
Hunter18 Offline
New Here

thanks! nobody knows the details about what happened, i dont think i'll ever tell anyone that. i wish i could just deal with it like he wants me to. it would make everything much easier if i could.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.