Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64190 Topics
447927 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#166485 - 07/13/07 10:15 AM Re: wondering about STD testing [Re: roadrunner]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
yeah if you get a random blood test they dont test it for everything on the planet. it they were cheking sugar levels they dont check for hiv. so you cant assume that you are "okay"

#166504 - 07/13/07 11:22 AM Re: wondering about STD testing [Re: Jarrad]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
k. well i'll have to go get tested. where do i go? also, i just wanted to say, that my opinion is that everybody should get std tested before getting married. whether they've had sex or not. because you don't have to have sex to carry an std.

#166557 - 07/13/07 07:14 PM Re: wondering about STD testing [Re: terpprm]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
terpprm,

As I remember, when my fiancee and I wanted to get married back in 1981 (before AIDS, that is), we had to produce the results of STD tests before we could get our license. That was in PA and I would be surprised if there aren't similar regulations in Ohio.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#166563 - 07/13/07 08:21 PM Re: wondering about STD testing [Re: roadrunner]
terpprm Offline

even if it weren't a law, i still think it should happen. its just considerate. i mean, stds happen other ways other than just sex. i think that everyone no matter what should want to be tested for their spouses sake. i mean they love them right? i'd want to be sure.

#166574 - 07/13/07 09:37 PM Re: wondering about STD testing [Re: terpprm]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

actually stds dont happen anyother way besides sex. hense the term sexually trasmitted diseases. not to be a smart alec or anything. technically HIV isn't a disease. its a virus. so thats not an std anyway. the typical ones, chymidia, gonerhea, syphillus, all those good ones and be trasmitted from brith to babies if the mother is infected but will show up typically in the eyes of babies and will present itself soon there after. when it is transmitted this way, i think it also gets a different name. like i know there are different types of herpes based on where the outbreaks happen. i'm not 100% sure on the others. most stds show up within weeks of contact. its still a good idea to get tested, but chances are if you had sex a million years ago and havent had it since, you are fine in the std department. HIV, because it isnt an std, is another case. viruses can remain dormant for a while but typically show up after 6 months.

#166602 - 07/14/07 01:07 AM Re: wondering about STD testing [Re: Jarrad]
terpprm Offline

really? i was told that contact to open wounds can bring on a stds.

#166604 - 07/14/07 01:18 AM Re: wondering about STD testing [Re: terpprm]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

uhh if you have a big open wound and you rub it on an infected dick, yes. that could be possible. but passing it from wound to wound is really rare. it woudl take a whole lotta rubbing and a whole lotta blood.

#166653 - 07/14/07 11:12 AM Re: wondering about STD testing [Re: roadrunner]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Larry, it depends on what your doctor is looking for. In our area the only routine STD test they run is for HIV. All the others have to be specifically requested.

FYI

Lazarus

#166656 - 07/14/07 11:27 AM Re: wondering about STD testing [Re: Lazarus]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Thanks Laz. I'm way out of date on all this stuff. I would feel like an alien if I were suddenly "out there" seeing people again. lol

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#166668 - 07/14/07 12:32 PM Re: wondering about STD testing [Re: roadrunner]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Oh me too; I'm happily married and not seeing anyone else. We have a lot of gay friends though, and as we get older we have gained a familiarity with medical treatments and my current next best friend is a nurse. She tells me a lot.

Especially in the case of private health care, you get what you pay for, and ONLY what you pay for...

Grins,

Lazarus

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.