Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (lukehorace, Mr. Malaise, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445348 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#162270 - 06/19/07 04:09 AM Brought to tears by a TV chat show...
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Yesterday morning after i got home from work in was watching some TV before i fell asleep and i flicked onto a tv chat show by Jeremy Kyle (anyone from UK would know who he is) and the show topic was "Sex abuse survivors confront a peodophile" im not gonna get into the show details, but there was a man who spoke who was a survivor and the way he spoke of how he was affected litterly brought me to tears, one particular comment directed to the paedo he made really hit me he said " I was a messed up 12yo boy and now im a 42 yo messed up boy all because of people like you, How could you mess with a child like that? " , to which he got not much of a reply, but man i was like totally bummed out and rocked off sync by it, leading to off course an eventful sleep(insert sarcastic tone)

But anyway just thought id put that up there...

----------
IG

#162302 - 06/19/07 10:28 AM Re: Brought to tears by a TV chat show... [Re: irishguy]
Grunty1967b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Irish,

Sorry to hear that you stumbled across this programme and then got ‘hit in the face’ with it. It must have been very harrowing for you – particularly when you’re not prepared for something like that.

Seeing the parallels in this victim and you no doubt shook your world, but you are here with us and that’s part of recovery. I don’t know if this survivor you saw is also working on his recovery (hope he is) but you are; and you could be a lot worse.

I know that doesn’t take away any sadness you may be feeling but maybe down the track, something from this encounter will turn into a positive for you.

In the meantime – safe channel hopping!

#162914 - 06/22/07 05:07 PM Re: Brought to tears by a TV chat show... [Re: Grunty1967b]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dean,

Sometimes actually seeing a perp is a hugely triggering experience for a survivor. It recalls not only the abuse but also the helplessness, fear and other emotions we felt at the time. I think I would have reacted in much the same way that you did.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.