Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (Sojourn Survivor), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#161498 - 06/13/07 06:26 PM logging in to chat
Xavier91 Offline

Hi,

I noticed that if I want to go into chat and I have to fill in my username and password to get in, it always says I have my password and/or username wrong, so I can't get in.
Then when I go to the discussionboards and try to log in whit the same details, it does work. So I can only get into chat if I am already logged in on the boards and then go to the link for the chatroom.

So it's not like I can't get into chat or anything so it's not that important, but if it can be fixed, I won't mind.

Thank you,

Xavier

Then hating something that you canít see

You are gone, but closer then ever

#161513 - 06/13/07 09:52 PM Re: logging in to chat [Re: Xavier91]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Xavier,

I think what is going on with that is the fact that when you registered you were offered the option of signing up with a "username" as well as a "display name". The way the DB and chat room work is that one or the other of those names is used as your chatroom name. In your case you elected to have the same name for both. I think what you are seeing is a "bug" in the system that won't allow you to log into chat using your "username".

Not sure if anything can be done about it at this point.

John
aka walkingsouth

Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.