Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
5 registered (maxxie, Jas52, TheBobcatAgain, 2 invisible), 57 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62491 Topics
437993 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#161327 - 06/12/07 12:38 PM Re: This is horrible (HEAVY TRIGGERS) [Re: melliferal]
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Very well said guys! I just get my ass in a pinch every time someone thinks I am running with fucking gossip. Just because a blogger source page is running and categorizing for easy access videos and opinions does not mean it lacks accuracy.

My experience of being thrown to the wolves (into the system) was nightmarish to say the least. Awareness and education is essential to effect any real changes. There wasn't shit when I was a kid- we were just pushed through the cracks and no one was the wiser.

And you're right Melliferal, there is no federal mandate and nor is it constitutionally appropriate for the government to intervene or become involved in this- yet they are- which raises a truly frightening question: Why are they- what's in it for them?

The only answer is providing children as sexual objects for whatever reason- if not could someone please provide a hypothesis?

#161385 - 06/12/07 07:14 PM Re: This is horrible (HEAVY TRIGGERS) [Re: philobat]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

I disagree that's the only answer.

It's easy: when local governments manage to screw things up so greviously, local constituents get frustrated. When all their local, county, and state avenues are used up, they'll call their congresspeople. And congresspeople will jump at the chance to propose federal oversight (or at least some federal funding) in the name of helping children, because "He/She cares about our children" will look good on a commercial during the next electoral campaign. That's really all there is to it.

Edited by melliferal (06/12/07 07:14 PM)

Oprah's resources for male survivors

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.