Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
6 registered (finallyhere, Dave PNW, CafeMan, VASurvivor, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63418 Topics
443374 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#161282 - 06/12/07 09:12 AM Re: I'm back.... [Re: Jaysen]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jay,

Originally Posted By: Jaysen
I could think of a million safer ways Larry but none of them are going to get me to where I want to be.

Do you really know where you want to be? Where do you think that is? And why do you want to be there?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#161284 - 06/12/07 09:30 AM Re: I'm back.... [Re: roadrunner]
Jaysen Offline

Yeah, drunk Jay wants to be treated like shit and hurt physically because it's familiar and comfortable and actually makes me feel safe. Why do I want to be there? Well because at the end of the day that's just how it's always been. I already know how to play that game and I'm good at it. It makes me feel like I'm useful and valuable and I can take it, the pain and some guys love that and when drunk Jay walks into a room everyone knows it's going to be a fucking great party. Everyone likes him, everyone wants a piece.

Sober Jay hates drunk Jay. It's all bullshit and it's wrong and I don't need to pursue that kind of thing because I'm worth a lot more then that. Sober Jay wouldn't mind finding a nice girl \:\) he knows they're out there somewhere.... Sober Jay doesn't want to treat women like shit, he wants to have a family someday and a lot of other nice things too...

J

#161309 - 06/12/07 11:21 AM Re: I'm back.... [Re: Jaysen]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Jay,

If you look at what you've said I'm sure you can see a big difference between the two. Drunk Jay isn't really esteemed or respected, is he? He's a laugh to have around at a party because everyone's getting wasted anyway, but who else would want to live like that or be him? Yep, everybody wants a piece, but what's in it for Jay? Nothing. Does Jay as a person count as something valuable in these equations? Nope.

Sober Jay looks at this and I wonder if he really hates drunk Jay. Maybe he hates what drunk Jay chooses to miss in life. Maybe sober Jay just wants what we ALL want from life: to be loved, to be special, to see some purpose in what we do, to make sense of things, to trust a special someone, to have that trust returned to us.

Drunk Jay needs to know he isn't shameful or guilty or deserving of hate or ridicule. He needs to know he can turn things around, but that no one can do it for him. Drunk Larry can assure him of that one 100%.

Much love for both Jays,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#161341 - 06/12/07 01:41 PM Re: I'm back.... [Re: roadrunner]
Jaysen Offline

Maybe drunk Jay and drunk Larry can get together and discuss it over a few beers...

J

#161344 - 06/12/07 02:17 PM Re: I'm back.... [Re: Jaysen]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Or even better: Sober Jaysen and Sober Larry can discuss it! \:\) I imagine they might make better sense of things, though yes, Drunk Jaysen and Drunk Larry would have been a sight to behold.

Much love,
Sober Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.