Newest Members
aerobear, capam15, Echoes, JohnnyL, Kotar
12747 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Michgem (52), still_lost_in_ca (35), Uber (49), user2007 (23)
Who's Online
4 registered (Echoes, Mishka95673, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12747 Members
75 Forums
65637 Topics
459085 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#160593 - 06/08/07 07:56 AM having two accounts on a forum?
FixUs Offline
New Here

Loc: Uk
i post on a different forum, its just a general forum where they answer questions about realtaonships/pets/computers etc.
i posted something quite personal in the relationship threads, and although i didnt give any direct personal info in my post, somebody who works with my partner saw the post and went to my profile, and figured out it was me.
i just dont feel comfertable that somebody knows its me.
the thing is i dont want to stop going to the forum, and changing names isnt allowed, could i stop using that name and never sign in again, then create a new account or is that usually not allowed on forums?

Edited by FixUs (06/08/07 07:57 AM)

#160626 - 06/08/07 09:39 AM Re: having two accounts on a forum? [Re: FixUs]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Are you referring to creating another user name here?

#160692 - 06/08/07 02:43 PM Re: having two accounts on a forum? [Re: Dewey2k]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
FixUs,

This is a sensitive subject on certain kinds of sites - like this one - for security considerations, but on a general information and discussion site I don't see why you shouldn't do that. You might want to email the webmaster to explain what you are doing and why; that should cover you.

It just goes to show, however, that in the global village it can be pretty easy to identify someone you know if you get some basic information about him. That's something to remember when you fill out your profile. At the time you may think you don't care if anyone recognizes you, but later on you may feel differently.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.