Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447971 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#161315 - 06/12/07 11:38 AM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: krayoss]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Krayoss,

Originally Posted By: krayoss
Ironicly I now care for my 83 year-old mother who has had a stroke, diabetes and Parkinson's, sometimes I hear her old evil deep down self but I answer her back with the compassion I never got - this is helping me conquer the ghosts, to deal with the painfull past and the truths I had spent my adult life trying to get away from to anesthetize myself out of knowing what I know.

This is the kind of thing we need to credit ourselves for a lot more than we do. We all have choices. The abusers did, and we have choices now. I keep seeing time after time after time how survivors make the compassionate and decent choices, even with the ones who tormented and hurt them. Good for you.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#161324 - 06/12/07 12:33 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Xavier91]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Xavier,

A fucking bicycle chain. Man does that push my hot buttons! We're not supposed to threaten harm on the discussion board, but perhaps the mods would allow me to ponder, for a moment, the sweet image of this guy meeting an adult armed with a similar bicycle chain.

Much satisfaction,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#161335 - 06/12/07 01:19 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: roadrunner]
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
My avatar picture is my younger brother, who did not survive life in our family to grow up at all. And like Stefan, my father 'told them what happened' to cause his death.

To much bad thoughts and memories.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#161349 - 06/12/07 02:46 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Xavier91]
Chain Breaker Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Krayoss,

You're a good man! Thanks for sharing about your care for your mother. It means a lot.

Joe

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves

#161350 - 06/12/07 02:51 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Chain Breaker]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Leosha,

I remember the tragic story of your younger brother. i'm so sorry, and I hope you do have some good memories of him.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#161351 - 06/12/07 02:52 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Xavier91]
Chain Breaker Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Xavier,

I am right with Larry on this one. I remember how horrified I was when I learned that one of my mom's special-ed students had been thrown against the wall whilst an infant. This bicycle chain shit ranks right up there, and so do the knives. I'm just glad you're still alive. I've always wondered how someone could do these horrific things to children. I've always thought of children as precious. For someone to do that is a crime of the darkest kind, and a horror.

I'm so glad you're here, Xavier. You truly do know what it means to be a survivor.

Hugs,
Joe

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves

#161358 - 06/12/07 04:13 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: sabata]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Larry, I remember so much about feeling so small and vulnerable as a kid.
I certainly got more than my fair share of beatings, mainly at school for being late, and 'daydreaming'!

Such luxury was not available to me, so I got whacked,

ste

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.