Newest Members
Collin, MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett
12507 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (iaccus, MissesMe, dan_in_newengland, manipulated, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12507 Members
73 Forums
64178 Topics
448031 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#160660 - 06/08/07 12:29 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Still]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rob,

I am so sorry to hear all this. It's a childhood from hell, that's for sure.

Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
...and now the fun part guys......

I'm meeting with him today regarding some estate business.

And my little confrontation with him about the beatings...he's pretty much forgetting about it all...made comments to my sister like "Robbie need to get over this crap."

You know, you don't have to let him into your life if this is all he has to offer. He sounds as bad as any of the other toxic monsters we hear about here.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#160688 - 06/08/07 02:29 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: roadrunner]
Still Online   sad
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1

Edited by Robbie Brown (06/08/07 02:37 PM)

#160689 - 06/08/07 02:33 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Still]
pain4ever Offline

Rob how did it go???

Whats going on...you okay?

#160690 - 06/08/07 02:33 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Still]
Still Online   sad
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
This thread's getting into some really dark stuff (for me). I'm done.

Edited by Robbie Brown (06/08/07 02:48 PM)

#160698 - 06/08/07 03:06 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Still]
Chain Breaker Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Robbie and Buzz,

I hear you both. I'm sorry for the cruelty to which you were subjected. It was so, so wrong! I love you guys, and I wish I could have protected you, but I was just a kid myself and didn't know you back then.

Stefan,

Your father's abuse was absolutely dreadful. Why nobody took you away from your father much earlier is a mystery to me, too. The doctors who never turned him in should hang their heads in shame. I'm glad you're safer now.

Take care, guys. You're all in my prayers.
Joe

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves

#160736 - 06/08/07 07:25 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: sabata]
emptydreamer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest USA
Powerful poem! It did trigger memories that had not surfaced for quite some time. My father used many tactics to terrify us, starting with his foul, degrading mouth, screaming at the top of his lungs, veins popping, temples pulsing as he backed us into the corner, towering over us like a giant. Then, as the cussing and yelling increased, the sound of that belt popping through each loop as it was ripped off, and then, trying my best to protect my face, the one place that nothing could hide the marks, and wondering how long it will last, this time. My mother preferred a paddle, I remember "ol sizzler" very well. His name was burned into the wood the paddle was made of. I probably deserved some of the paddle from her, but never the beatings that my father was so good at. I know that everyone is different, but it is frightening how much of the same type of shit many of us had to endure. I really like the poem, even with the unwanted effects of reading it, I read it again. Best wishes, and warmest regards to you all. Scott

#160764 - 06/08/07 09:06 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: emptydreamer]
Joseph25 Offline

Loc: Canada
It is quite a poem...

I used to hide, sabotosh, or break the things that i was beaten with that hurt the most. That was a good personal victory at 6 yrs old. By the time I was 10 most of the time I no longer felt it. Once I even laughed during a beating and paid for it. I paid for it a long time. After that I would always remember to scream when it didnt hurt as much otherwise it would intensify until i did. Again I take that as a victory because i could sometimes control how vicious they were. Fuckin Bitch. I didnt know I could feel so sad and angry just writing this.

#160772 - 06/08/07 09:23 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Joseph25]
Stefan012 Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Sometimes I wouldn't really feel it either when it was happening. After it was over I would though.. Hurted enough then for sure. I would like 'be there, but not really'. I knew it was happening to me, but it was like my mind was seperate from my body or something. Not sure how to explain. Rotten thing though that after it was over it would all still hurt anyway.

In the summer or whenever I would get an invitation for a swimming party it would create problems, as the scars fresh and old would be visible in just swimming clothes.. Or whit gym at school, changing. But the showers at highschool don't work so at least that wasn't a problem.

I'm not sure about reporting rules here. Guess my father was good at 'telling them what had happened'.

Stefan.

No they can't take them away, so they won't

#160781 - 06/08/07 10:02 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Stefan012]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Stefan,

Originally Posted By: Stefan012
I would like 'be there, but not really'. I knew it was happening to me, but it was like my mind was seperate from my body or something. Not sure how to explain.

What you describe is called "dissociation". When really awful and traumatic things happen to a boy he will sometimes defend himself by pretending that he isn't "there"; that is, he convinces himself that the abuse really isn't happening to him because he's no longer in that body.

When I was 10-14 my version of that was to "go" to a picture or something else on the wall, and then continue on to a corner of the ceiling, where I would curl up in a ball trying not to listen to what was happening to the boy in the room below me. All a fantasy of course, but it's a common way for a child to seek safety.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#160795 - 06/08/07 11:40 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: roadrunner]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
There is no reason to "Beat" A child . I am not against spanking on the butt . Though there are limits that You should not go Beond

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.