Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
2 registered (randombreeze, watzupwitu), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63541 Topics
443957 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#160625 - 06/08/07 09:37 AM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: pain4ever]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I use to think..."If Viet Nam POW's could go through things like that....and they were all beaten too...I could too...cuz i was young and well-fed...they were starved." But I use to wonder why I had to go through that.

I use to hope the mother ship would return for me...me, the abandoned space alien....cuz I surely did not belong on this planet.

I use to talk to ME in the mirror (another reason mirrors are so hard for me) and convince myself to stay alive for just one more day. An 8 year-old should not have to do that.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#160627 - 06/08/07 09:42 AM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

...and now the fun part guys......

I'm meeting with him today regarding some estate business.

And my little confrontation with him about the beatings...he's pretty much forgetting about it all...made comments to my sister like "Robbie need to get over this crap."

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#160629 - 06/08/07 09:51 AM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Still]
Jaysen Offline

You know what Rob, I hate your father.

J

#160633 - 06/08/07 10:00 AM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Jaysen]
Jaysen Offline

This topic is really getting to me.

J

#160636 - 06/08/07 10:14 AM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Jaysen]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

I gotta keep in mind, while I meet with him...I use to pee my pants when he'd slap me or kick me. I'd shit myself with the right kick. But like so many others here...I learned to not cry eventually.

I could have put a bullet in him at any time as a kid. I had more compassion for him than he did for me...I know I would never have gone to jail...I would never have allowed it.

Its strange what will keep you alive in my sick little family.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#160643 - 06/08/07 10:34 AM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Still]
Jaysen Offline

You should have.

J

#160651 - 06/08/07 11:34 AM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) *DELETED* [Re: pain4ever]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Post deleted by buzz_key

#160654 - 06/08/07 11:57 AM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: buzz_key]
pain4ever Offline

Oh ggod guys...I am so sorry...
Rob...becareful bud...be safe... iam right there with you...crying mad eit worse.

(((((((((((Buzz)))))))))))))(((((((((((Rob)))))))))))))

#160657 - 06/08/07 12:21 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Stefan012]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Stefan,

Originally Posted By: Stefan012
What I wonder now, why did nobody step in and get the police or youthcare or something involved back then? It must have been so obvious. Why only now, that I'm 17?
That's just wrong.

It sure is wrong, bro. This is another reason, I think, why we should be pleased when a survivor tells his story in print. Society at large doesn't want to know about such things; they show how rotten things really are and they challenge people to stop being so complacent. And of course people like being complacent - they need to maintain the fantasy of the cool safe world they think they live in. When these stories are told - over and over again - the cruelty becomes more difficult to ignore.

I don't know about the Netherlands, Stefan, but in the USA, the UK and Germany, doctors of all kinds are mandatory reporters; they must report signs of physical or sexual abuse when they find them. But that's the law and reality is something else. My understanding is that there are still massive numbers of cases that go unreported in the USA.

I have heard different reasons for this, but I try to put myself in the position of a doctor who's examining a beaten kid and recognizes that all this is from abuse. How the hell can he live with himself after he sends this kid home for more of the same?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#160659 - 06/08/07 12:25 PM Re: Beating Kids (*****triggers*****) [Re: Jaysen]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jay,

Originally Posted By: Jaysen
Funny thing is the physical abuse bothers me way more than the SA. I'm not sure why. It just makes you so damn angry...

Maybe the guy who wrote the poem already has the answer for that one - because getting beaten like that gives the boy the idea that he just isn't worth being treated any better than this. Hell, most people wouldn't beat an animal like some kids are beaten.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.