Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
5 registered (maxxie, Jas52, TheBobcatAgain, 2 invisible), 57 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62491 Topics
437993 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#166437 - 07/13/07 02:27 AM Re: Life is what you make it...... [Re: Scoutvictim]
Cidnie Offline

Loc: SFC, CA
Not much that can be said that hasn't already been said. It's good to see people on here who have been down the road I'm trying to force myself down...it's almost like recovery for a disease where there is no cure, no treatment, where your only salvation is those who support you and your own dogged determination.
Thanks for making it for the rest of us, we'll see you when we get there.

#166448 - 07/13/07 04:28 AM Re: Life is what you make it...... [Re: Cidnie]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Cidnie

There is no cure i will go along with that, our histories will always be part of us we can never escape them. But there is treatment. Letting your voice be heard standing up and doing what is right for you. Being strong and allowing your self to trust others and be vulnerable (to the right people) is the treatment, We all can make it out of this i strongly believe that Cidnie.
But we can only do this with as you put it Dogged determination.

,Chris

#166621 - 07/14/07 03:55 AM Re: Life is what you make it...... [Re: David1010]
Nate Offline

Loc: Ohio
hey fellow missouri man!

- Corita Kent

#166683 - 07/14/07 01:55 PM Re: Life is what you make it...... [Re: Nate]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Hey nate.....

So, what did you think of my life?

Just wondering...

I'm in the Lou, what about you?

Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#170997 - 08/04/07 06:42 PM Re: Life is what you make it...... [Re: David1010]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
Carl,
What a great writer you are. I can appreciate the cathartic value which is in part why I journal daily. It is a great way to reflect, unload and reassess.

I applaud your desire to create a safe place for youth. I am in graduate school for socialwork at age 50. Life calls when we least expect it to happen,if you know what I mean. You sound like you are healing everytime you share... and do what works for you.I enjoyed your story. EVERY WORD.
Be well, be safe.
Peace, Dan

#171000 - 08/04/07 07:13 PM Re: Life is what you make it...... [Re: Danbuff]
Scoutvictim Offline

Dan,

Thank you for the kind words. I would like to welcome you to MS, and hope it helps. I have been kind of quiet the last two weeks, but I do still read and keep up with a few posts. It has been a rough two weeks, and I have found myself reluctant to get back involved.

I noticed your arrival and have been reading your posts. The "confusion" post was a touchy subject, but I do know what you mean. I did not reply because I really had no insight to add. The subject has been a battle for me in the past, but I have used "will power" to fight through it. If you wish PM me and we can talk more.

TTYL,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

#229512 - 06/07/08 01:24 PM Re: Life is what you make it...... [Re: Scoutvictim]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
i wouldn't wish this life on my worst enemies....which is kind of funny, because my worst enemies would be those that put me in this life.

#229515 - 06/07/08 01:36 PM Re: Life is what you make it...... [Re: terpprm]
Scoutvictim Offline

Philip,

Sometimes life can be rough, but honestly, I am glad I have gone through all of it. It has made me the person that I am today.

I am a strong, caring and compassionate man who really wants to help others. My past has given me many lessons to share. I hope my past can help others, and I know it has given me the knowledge to make it through.

Luv ya,
Carl

#229518 - 06/07/08 01:50 PM Re: Life is what you make it...... [Re: Scoutvictim]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
that's what i tell everyone. no i wouldn't change it, as it has made me a strong person. i am not gonna go into my life as of now, like what i do, as you already know. but the foundation that i have due to the CSA has given me the strength and be me.

#229720 - 06/08/08 03:40 PM Re: Life is what you make it...... [Re: terpprm]
TNuss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Del-A-Ware???
Carl,

I just read your post and I have to say "WOW". If my arms could reach St.Louis I'd give you a huge HUG!!!

Thank you!!!

In harmony,
Troy

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.