Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, philistine, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443049 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#159915 - 06/04/07 09:46 PM Childhelp.org
dean1320 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, GA , US
My therapist had a pammphlet in her office about these folks. They do good work for kids. I can't do much about my childhood, but maybe I can help some little person that went through what we have been through, get better and hopefully have a good life.
Warning, the pictures of the kids laughing and smiling will make you cry.

childhelp.org

#160136 - 06/05/07 11:45 PM Re: Childhelp.org [Re: dean1320]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
I've contributed to ChildHelp for years now - the work they do is beyond words - they did a TV special this last year - I cried a lot watching it - but I think it's something every "normal" person should be made to watch

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#160232 - 06/06/07 11:05 AM Re: Childhelp.org [Re: TJ jeff]
dean1320 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, GA , US
I will be making a donation Thursday when I get paid. I really like their animal program with the kids. I know that had I not had pets growing up I would have missed out a lot.

T

#160338 - 06/07/07 12:41 AM Re: Childhelp.org [Re: dean1320]
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

I agree with you all, it is a great organization.

-J

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#160502 - 06/07/07 08:29 PM Re: Childhelp.org [Re: healing_inside]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
These child support organizations do such important work. I make a regular donation to the UK equivalent every month; it comes out of my bank account, no paperwork, and I don't have to remember to write a check or anything.

Here's something concrete to think about. I was talking to friends at the NSPCC (National Association for the Prev. of Cruelty to Children) the other day and they told me that MANY calls to their hotline fail for one reason or another. For example, a kid might call and he gets a busy signal; already freaked out, he never calls again. Or he calls and gets into a queuing system; he panics after a few minutes and hangs up and never calls again.

All for lack of sufficient volunteers and funding for improvements to infrastructure.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.