Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (tbkkfile, BraveFalcon, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447590 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#159835 - 06/04/07 01:52 PM my friend A.
cat lover Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Wow, an unexpected trigger. I have a wonderful friend whose name is A. I sometimes refer to her as the one who saved my life.

Long story short: My ex the perp and I did not live in the same city. My friend A and her significant other live in his city. I once ended up having to crash at their place on short notice, and I was pretty distraught. My ex was going out of town (knowing I was coming to visit) and wouldn't let me stay at his apartment. Anyway, A. was able to spend the whole day with me, just wandering around and listening to me. I did not know it at the time but I was in shock and I was dealing with post-traumatic rape symptoms. It hadn't been named that way.

Cut to the present, 3.5 years later: A. is working on a video presentation for an organization we both support, and she asked me for some pictures from that other time period in electronic format. So I popped in an unmarked CD, and there were pictures of my ex on it. It was a major trigger, I just now teared up, and logged on to the site. I will breathe deeply, and not send A. any pictures from that roll. I'm sure she'll understand. I have others.

#159846 - 06/04/07 03:17 PM Re: my friend A. [Re: cat lover]
pain4ever Offline

Wow...its amazing how the simplest and most innocent things come up and get us you know. I am sorry you got triggered...its hard for me to see pics from the past as well. Let alone livein the present with a perp I see regularly.

I hope you are okay...keep talking...
Brian

#159994 - 06/05/07 09:59 AM Re: my friend A. [Re: pain4ever]
cat lover Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Thanks Brian. I don't know how you do it seeing a perp regularly. I feel better today.

#159999 - 06/05/07 11:08 AM Re: my friend A. [Re: cat lover]
pain4ever Offline

I am glad you are feeling better. I think we all have those up and down days or little things that trigger us unexpectedly. Thats what makes us human I guess.

I even see a pic of my ex's daughter and I get triggered...has nothing to do with her just him. The sight of her triggers me...but I loved her so much.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.