Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, iaccus, 3 invisible), 30 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447737 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#160883 - 06/09/07 05:48 PM Re: God as a Father figure [Re: roadrunner]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

and one faith is the only way,everybody thinks their god is the real one right? what if i choose to put my faith in the very ones that hurt me? what if after all the shit i can still dream that men can be like jesus? that man has the power to be god ? we have the power to protect the children,we have the power to stop hunger and abuse,but maybe we will never know cause we just leave it up to god, which faith is stronger ,faith in something you cant see ,or faith in people ,faith that people can help me just like people hurt me? we have the power to do all the things god wont do .

#160911 - 06/09/07 08:37 PM Re: God as a Father figure [Re: shadowkid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
I know (through faith) that the street evangelist on Cape Cod was sent by God to do his work...to pull me out of hell.

I know (through faith) that God led Lorie and I together.

I know (through faith) that I was led to MS and all of you to be saved from this hell a second time.

I still dont know why he allowed Robbie to be raped. I just dont know...but I have faith he is with me.

#160982 - 06/10/07 12:32 PM Re: God as a Father figure [Re: grover]
WesQ Offline

Loc: Norcross, Georgia, USA
Grover

You know what, G_d can be Mother or Father G_d or the Great Creator. G_d doesn't have to be a certain gender. G_d is who you want G_d to be.

With hugs
Wes

Even if nobody else sings along"

From "Make Your Own Kind of Music" by Mama Cass Elliott of the Mamas and Papas

#160985 - 06/10/07 02:28 PM Re: God as a Father figure [Re: WesQ]
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hey

I said I will not partake in this thread any more but there is something I want to clarify from my perspective.

If we look for reasons to justify God or do the opposite we will find it. Adam, something I want to clarify, the thread was about God as a father figure. You refer to the church and what they want from us including the Vatikan City. I refer to God the father and no church. I have a relationship with Him, not thechurch. He is my provider and my healer, not the church. I go to church because I want to and I get support there from others that believe the same as I do. I choose not to live under the law of do this and leave that. I live under the Grace of God. Grace that says :" you are OK even if you makemistakes sometimes." or "I love you despite your mistakes."

Nobody has the power to become a god. I strive in my life to be like Him. If I go to heaven that is a bonus for my faith. I do what I do because I believe His Word. Every Word of it!!

You would have noticed I had not been very active on the site lately, except in the spirituality section mainly. I started focussing all my energy on my faith. I dont tell my God about the size of my problem any longer, I now tell my problem the size of my God. And you know what? It has been 4 weeks since the last time I have been depressed!! 4 Weeks since the last time I even considered suicide. So where is God as a father figure to me right now? Right next to me and around me. He is the one making me feel like I am walking on clouds. He is the one who I give all the glory too, who saved me from self destruction and the road I travelled.

#160988 - 06/10/07 03:03 PM Re: God as a Father figure [Re: pietie]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

well damn dude thats all i been asking for! finally somebody told me what god is doing for them !finally! thats the coolest thing and im reaL HAPPY FOR YOU ! finally somebody gave me a straight answer! now that i can believe in ! maybe god does not work for me ,but if it does for you then maybe its all about faith ,period ,if you believe it in your heart then for you it is real and it works. im so glad you found something that works ,thats the big thing right? but if i cant feel that its not a personal attack on everybody that does. i'll never understand if i dont ask questions.

#161007 - 06/10/07 05:13 PM Re: God as a Father figure [Re: shadowkid]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Shadow,

You are a lot more spiritual than you care to admit. Want to know how I know? You're doing all the stuff I have done for years. Don't be afraid to ask your questions, sure, but at the same time don't hesitate to accept the answers that attract your attention. Truth and understanding can never harm us, they can only help us.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#161037 - 06/10/07 08:16 PM Re: God as a Father figure [Re: roadrunner]
Chain Breaker Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Shadow,

I also don't believe you've made any personal attacks on anyone on this thread. Your questions have all been sincere, and I'm glad you're thinking about this. I guess I've been trying to answer you too much with theology and less with personal experience. I'm sorry I didn't get what you were seeking for so long.

I'll share some of my personal reflections on God another time. Thanks for clarifying what you wanted for those of us who were too thick to get it the first until then.

I like you, dude, and I just want you to be happy. God makes me happy, so that's why I talk about Him.

Keep asking questions, even if they seem impertinent.

Joe

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves

#161054 - 06/10/07 10:17 PM Re: God as a Father figure [Re: Chain Breaker]
Mark Antony Offline

Hi guys I have not been on this sight lately. So some of my comments will go back to comments made earlier in the thread. To start with GOD as Father figure. If you understand covenent in the context of the Jewish culture at the time the bible was written especially Genisis. It is clear that covenants form family bonds. So when GOD makes any covenant with mand it establishes a family bond. There for GOD is Father. When you look at the Idea of Jesus being GOD and Man he is both our spiritual brother and Father. In the context of family relationships if Jesus is our spiritual brother then God his Father is our Spiritual Father and Mary his mother is our Spiritual Mother. So we have a whole spiritual family there. God himsself is family that is demonstrated by the Trinity God The Father God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. The love of God the Father for the Son being reflected back from the Son forming the Holy Spirit. Like when a Man leaves his mother and father and joins with his wife. The two become one so much the one needs a name in 9 months. The two become three that is a family. Like the Trinity.

#161056 - 06/10/07 10:27 PM Re: God as a Father figure [Re: Mark Antony]
Mark Antony Offline

A male Jew was almost commanded to have children. That is a married male Jew. He was commanded to have children. Some of the Jews actually belive that a male is commanded to have at least 3 Children.

The Jews do not have just the "ten commandments" They begin at the start of Genisis and every time GOD said to do or not do something that is counted as a commandment. For example "Be fruitful and multiply" is taken as a comandment to have children. Some go to the point that they must have three male children to meet the commandment. Having less than three would not be multiplying. One to replace yourself, one to replace your wife, and one to be an increase or multiplacation.

#444879 - 08/20/13 10:49 PM Re: God as a Father figure [Re: grover]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Originally Posted By: grover
I've been struggling with this a lot lately. God is supposed to be the ultimate father figure, yet all I know of a father figure is someone who was judgemental, emotionally abusive/distant, and the main reason I could not tell about the sexual abuse I was receiving at school.

How have any of you reconciled this?

when i was young and freshly abused,
i saw god in pretty much the way you just described.
that was a god i could resent, and at times even despise.
i certainly felt i had the right to criticize.

now, as a 52 year old father of three teens,
my vision of god the dad has evolved into an image more similar to my own version of father figure.
loving unconditionally,
protecting, guiding,
slow to anger,
forgiving,
tolerant,
helping,
giving,
because i want to.

i try to live up to that ideal,
and imagine such a creator.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.