Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444123 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#155053 - 05/08/07 02:43 PM Bush OKs Integration With European Union
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
In my mind, this is NOT a good thing.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55584

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#155060 - 05/08/07 02:53 PM Re: Bush OKs Integration With European Union [Re: FormerTexan]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
You are right, globalization is the root of all evil.
It will lead to work forces taking lower wages to
compete against each other, Country by Country, this
is something already happening in Europe and here.

Bush is one f*ckup,

ste

#155096 - 05/08/07 06:50 PM Re: Bush OKs Integration With European Union [Re: reality2k4]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well this let's-get-along "affirmation" is not much more than symbology; creating an actual, working trade agreement can only be done by Congress.

The U.S. has seen some of its allies fade a little lately. Not entirely abandoning or cutting loose from the U.S., you see, but a little less enthusiastic in their support. There are a few key reasons for this, of course. Nevertheless, this Administration will be leaving soon and probably wants to rack up a few much-needed points in the geopolitical policy column before the clock runs out. Apprently, they believe that offering to play buddy-buddy with the EU can help to accomplish that.

I'm one of those politically-ambiguous gray-suit folks. I'll wait and see what comes of it.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#155154 - 05/08/07 11:14 PM Re: Bush OKs Integration With European Union [Re: melliferal]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Let's get the HELL out of Europe!

And NATO? WHAT A JOKE!! (As if Bulgaria or Hungary or Poland would actually try to help the U.S. if we were attacked, give me a BREAK)

Entangling alliances = TROUBLE

#155677 - 05/11/07 04:07 PM Re: Bush OKs Integration With European Union [Re: Hauser]
Chain Breaker Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Poland would help. I don't know about the others. NATO has outlived and outgrown its original purposes.

I opposed NAFTA, and I will oppose any free-trade agreements that do not provide strict regulation of wages and environmental protection. I find the EU thing far less worrisome than a North American Union. NAFTA, as Ross Perot predicted in 1992, has produced a giant sucking sound as American companies have closed factories in the USA and opened them for dirt wages in Mexico and Central America.

The trouble, as I see it, is that globalisation is an unstoppable force. I don't know what we can do. I just see American wages sinking and sinking. Sorry to be a pessimist, but that's really the way I see it.

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves

#156292 - 05/15/07 04:35 PM Re: Bush OKs Integration With European Union [Re: Chain Breaker]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EkZnnotyoKY

I voted for Perot. This is the part where he describes that "Giant sucking sound"

#156293 - 05/15/07 04:41 PM Re: Bush OKs Integration With European Union [Re: melliferal]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
The Poles were brilliant fighters against the Germans, so were the canadians,, seiks, sherpas etc, even the french resistance.
As Europe gets bigger in economy, it is only going to warrant more trade in cheap goods from low paid workforces.

The rich just want more for their money, but pardon the excuse for slavery in the modern world.
That is what they want, until their money is worth nothing,

ste

#157532 - 05/22/07 03:19 PM Re: Bush OKs Integration With European Union [Re: reality2k4]
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
When the American Union is finalized- and it is happening people- this little diddy will pave the way for the AU and the EU to merge together= thus creating the New World Order.

Take this opportunity to become friends with Robbie Brown and GW Survives!

#158354 - 05/26/07 07:33 PM Re: Bush OKs Integration With European Union [Re: philobat]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
My thoughts? It occurs to me that Bush probably can't name half the countries of the EU.

L.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.