Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bluedogone, 3 invisible), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441737 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#158575 - 05/27/07 11:31 PM Re: Supreme Court has Upheld Death Penalty for CSA [Re: reality2k4]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I'm not against the death penalty myself. People like Ted Bundy earned it.

What do you all think of this statement:

"Let the punishment fit the crime."

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#158633 - 05/28/07 09:35 AM Re: Supreme Court has Upheld Death Penalty for CSA [Re: shadowkid]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: shadowkid
life in prison for most child molesters consists of being kept seperate from the general population ,for safety purposes,they get protected in prison cause they have rights you know?its not like in the movies where they get raped every night ,i mean we cant let the same things they did happen to them can we?

I disagree Adam. I happen to have a very close friend who is a former GenPop corrections officer, who on one occasion accidentally (tact) mentioned to a certain inmate that a new prisoner was in for child abuse. My friend then placed a pack of cigarettes on his desk in the common room, and left for a ten-minute roving patrol. That's the way such things worked, and my friend wasn't the only officer to ever do it.

The pedos never got "raped", true. They just got the ever-living hell beat out of them in their first week. And they certainly didn't get to spend their sentences in Isolation (the prisoner who beat them up went to Isolation for like 48 hours or so, but apparently the cigarettes made it all peachy).

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#158752 - 05/28/07 08:08 PM Re: Supreme Court has Upheld Death Penalty for CSA *DELETED* [Re: melliferal]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by jacobtk

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#158771 - 05/28/07 09:12 PM Re: Supreme Court has Upheld Death Penalty for CSA [Re: jacobtk]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

its called segregation not isolation,i tried the same idea mel ,i got in touch with a program at the prison where my perps is and wrote a letter to an inmate there i sent him two cartons of cigs and very nicely asked him to make sure my perp was taken care of ,if you know what i mean. i have never recieved a response from him and a guy here at ms that works in prisons told me that my letter probably never got to the inmate ,that the people there screen for stuff like that to protect the perps.jackob im not sure if the debt is paid even when they die ,but i know for sure they wont do it again . also like the article says only one inmate is on death row for rape ,how many perps ever get life?let alone the death penalty. more like 7 years and a plea bargain . my perp was busted 4 times before he got life .wonder how many lives woulda been different if they killed him the first time?

#159074 - 05/30/07 12:16 PM Re: Supreme Court has Upheld Death Penalty for CSA *DELETED* [Re: reality2k4]
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Post deleted by philobat

Edited by philobat (05/30/07 12:18 PM)

#159077 - 05/30/07 12:43 PM Re: Supreme Court has Upheld Death Penalty for CSA [Re: philobat]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

if you look at the link at the bottom is a pic of jessica lundsford ,molested and burried alive by the perp,who the fuck worried about her death sentence?!who worried if burrying her alive was excessive ,what was her god damn crime?yeh sure lets worry about what might happen if we kill these sick fucks. as pink floyed said ,]where everyone has recourse to the law ,and no one kills the children anymore.look at jessicas pick and then make your decision about the death penalty.i can live with my choice ,hope you guys can live with yours.

#159083 - 05/30/07 01:04 PM Re: Supreme Court has Upheld Death Penalty for CSA [Re: shadowkid]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
-which is exactly why I say let the punishment fit the crime in this case. I could also very easily go about my day knowing Jessica Lunsford's perp fried in the chair. Wouldn't bother me one bit.

Edited by FormerTexan (05/30/07 01:09 PM)

1. That

#159279 - 05/31/07 09:32 PM Re: Supreme Court has Upheld Death Penalty for CSA [Re: FormerTexan]
ecb Offline
MaleSurvivor

There is a part of me, a not insubstantial part mind you, that says that this law is a good start. Let them die, preferably painfully. Can I inject the syringe/pull the lever/throw the switch myself? I want every perp to suffer...badly. If I had the authority *I* would be the one to administer the death penalty, in whatever way *I* saw fit. It would generally involve large blunt objects and a lot of broken bones.

Here's the problem though: the death penalty doesn't work as a deterrent, and it isn't reversible (y'know, for wrongful conviction and such.)

Here is the bigger problem: It wouldn't make a difference. Children would still be abused, and the death of the perp won't take that away. I'm sure some of us have perps who have died, and can tell you better than I that it doesn't fix anything.

I'm glad the don't let us make the decision (as Ste suggested) because if half the guys here FEEL the way I do (see the first part of my post for reference) the lynch mob mentality would be in full swing.

I wish I was above reveling in every story about a perp getting the shit kicked out of him in prison (or anywhere else for that matter.) I wish I was above wanting to commit such violence on other people, but I'm not. Hell, I'm only human.

-Eric

#159296 - 06/01/07 12:51 AM Re: Supreme Court has Upheld Death Penalty for CSA [Re: ecb]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Ya know, I feel the "wrongful conviction" card is really played a lot in death penalty debates. If we use that as a legitimate argument against the death penalty, then logic dictates we use it as a legitimate argument against incarceration as well. There have been many-a-supposed-criminal who were wrongfully convicted and imprisoned. Yes, they were allowed to live, but only to wrongfully have 10, 20, 30 or more years of their life stolen from them.

1. That

#159307 - 06/01/07 07:47 AM Re: Supreme Court has Upheld Death Penalty for CSA [Re: FormerTexan]
ecb Offline
MaleSurvivor

The difference is that those people can be released. They can't get their time back, but they can be given the rest of their time.

The dead are just dead. There is no "whoops, sorry...our bad."

I'm also not naive enough to think that investigators and prosecutors don't turn a blind eye to inconsistencies in their cases. They are too overworked and have too hard a job not to. And that's not even counting the 'bad apples' that exist in the system.

You may feel it is a "card that is played too often," but until there is a solution, the card SHOULD stay on the table.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.