Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (Shockwave, unhappycamper, Cthulhu), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441980 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#158041 - 05/24/07 07:23 PM ? Am I gay
lost child Offline
New Here

Loc: in usa
I was molested as a child and in jr high I had sex with a cuople kids my age. No one was froced to to anything,we just got envoled. Thimg s ahve happened lately that has made me wonder a bout who I am. I wish I could just understand the way I'm feeling.

#158056 - 05/24/07 08:08 PM Re: ? Am I gay [Re: lost child]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hey, lost child,

I don't think anyone can give you a label...I do think gay, straight or whatever is about where your sexuality goes naturally. It's not decided by one dream or a few encounters, but day-to-day, where your desires just tend to be drawn. If you're having same-sex experiences, it may be an expression of what you really want, or you may be reacting to other issues, or just experimenting...you'll know that when you're ready to. No pressure.

Welcome to the board--if you'd like to talk more about how you are feeling, feel free to share whatever you're comfortable sharing. The board has been very supportive for me.

David

#158058 - 05/24/07 08:14 PM Re: ? Am I gay [Re: MemoryVault]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Lost Child,

You will find that sexual encounters between teenaged boys is a lot more common than we usually think. The problem is that the boys will often feel confused or ashamed afterwards, and thus be unwilling to talk to anyone about what happened.

I think you will also find that "straight" and "gay" are not opposites; so many guys are not strictly one or the other, and there are many intermediate perspectives. I have often said here that I think the key question isn't "Am I straight or gay?"

What we really ought to be thinking about are these three questions:

1) Am I being honest with myself about my sexual feelings and inclinations?
2) Am I being responsible in my relations with my sexual partners?
3) Do I feel fulfilled sexually?

If we can answer "yes" to all those questions, we ought to be okay.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.