Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (sentry), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64165 Topics
447757 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#157886 - 05/23/07 08:27 PM “Friend to Friends” triggers?????
hereforus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa
“Friend to Friends”: By: Kirk Gilbert © 2006
League of American Poets ® 2006

Hello my friend of a land I have never seen before. We look upon us with tears of the eyes, so joyful is this in a world of pain, hurt, and anger. We could have ran from the fear within. We fight the rage in our safe place. So close is this world. The light without is powerful as the energy of the soul. We talk about the storm of our lives, so wind blown, and soaked from the acid rain that burned us scares of life. So far away as that what was done, yet we are not alone. We fight together in a world so unknowingly. We retreat to our haven for those who fight for what is within to keep without. With in our heart is the forgiveness that comes within the love of our souls. Within is a love that is as gentle at a breeze that fans the flame of life. So strong is this love as the currents of mighty rivers with the rage of Katrina. More powerful than the love by our side is the love for one’s self. Death shaken, fear driven as we the tears fall for loses of the past. Maybe crazy or even abnormal as I we strive for life. Friend is known unto us as we are individuals. Once again the story ends with us in a parallel life we live upon. Words of a survivor fighting the within to show the without is powerful as fear it self. I say friends we are one big dot in a world that is a dot itself. We made it together. We made it! We are survivors! Maybe a dot but we are a dot that survives!

#157891 - 05/23/07 08:31 PM Re: “Friend to Friends” triggers????? [Re: hereforus]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Hereforus,

I really like this, especially the idea of a "dot" that gains its real significance in its refusal to be obliterated. Pretty cool idea. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.