Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
8 registered (Cthulhu, aniceguy, mike1965, don64, 3 invisible), 47 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63114 Topics
441371 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#157673 - 05/23/07 06:50 AM Tragic irony, or poetic justice?
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Picture this. A man, for whatever reason, wants to kill his girlfriend. What a creep.

Anyway, so he comes up with a plan, and sets it to action. He finds a railroad crossing where a train is just about to cross. With his girlfriend in the passenger seat oblivious as to her fate, the man at the last minute drives up and parks right over the tracks, getting out and running away from the tracks just before the train hits. The girlfriend doesn't understand what's happening and is not able to get out of the car on time. The car gets hit by the train.

This actually happened. But, it didn't end the way it was "supposed to". See, the girlfriend survived (yay!), and is in stable condition.

As for the murderous boyfriend...well, the train hit the car, smacking it off the tracks and directly at him. He was hit by the car and was killed.

No, I'm not making any of this up.

Really, what are the odds?

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#157674 - 05/23/07 07:13 AM Re: Tragic irony, or poetic justice? [Re: melliferal]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am sure it is quite evil that I am finding amusement of it. Not of the trauma to his girlfriend, of course, but of what you say, the 'irony' of it.

VN

#157676 - 05/23/07 07:40 AM Re: Tragic irony, or poetic justice? [Re: VN]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Not evil at all, Visha. There's a kind of satisfaction many people have when they see someone like this man get his comeuppance.

Edited by melliferal (05/23/07 07:40 AM)

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#157679 - 05/23/07 08:00 AM Re: Tragic irony, or poetic justice? [Re: melliferal]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
i recall a german concept from philosophy class that exist in people

called "malevolent glee" -

in this case Visha - I think your feelings are righteous -

this man - was trying to do wrong by anyone -

and suffered his death by his own idiocy

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#157846 - 05/23/07 05:38 PM Re: Tragic irony, or poetic justice? [Re: markgreyblue]
Chain Breaker Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Call it instant karma. The only death penalty I support.

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves

#157867 - 05/23/07 07:25 PM Re: Tragic irony, or poetic justice? [Re: Chain Breaker]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Poetic justice, instant karma, tragic irony, and yes, our malevolent glee. Whatever the case, he had it coming!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.