Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
6 registered (aniceguy, lapchinj, I Want 2 Thrive, VASurvivor, Obi, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63415 Topics
443367 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#156718 - 05/17/07 04:02 PM Avatar/Picture Question
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I noticed lately alot of guy have put pictures of thems selfs as kid as their avatar.

I would like to do the same but don't even know where to begin.

BTW, I have pictures of myself as a kid in my night side table draw. I like to look at them some times when I feel down to remind myself that I was just really a little kid, i guess its cathartic in a way to know who I was and that I was just an innocent kid and be able to reflect on it. almost a way of telling Little Logan that he doesn't have to be affraid anymore.----sorry got off topic.

so, anyway, how to I get a picture of me when I was little on the computer and then how do I turn it into an avatar or atleast put it in that space??

-Blade Runner

#156722 - 05/17/07 04:12 PM Re: Avatar/Picture Question [Re: Logan]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hey, Logan --

It helps if you have a scanner, but I just put the pic on my desk and took a picture of it with a digital camera.

Save it to your computer using the software that comes with the camera or scanner.

You'll have to edit it to make it small...these are the requirements: "Your image must be smaller than 80x80 pixels; .gif, .jpg, .png accepted." I used PhotoShop, but any image editing program will do, as long as it allows you to crop the picture (select your face, for example), reduce the size to 80 x 80, and save it in gif or jpg format.

Save the picture, then go to My Stuff --> My Profile on the board, and click the Browse button in the Avatar section. Find your picture and it should go in as your avatar.

Feel free to PM if you're having trouble!

David

#156735 - 05/17/07 04:44 PM Re: Avatar/Picture Question [Re: MemoryVault]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Make sure the pic is not too big because it takes loads of time to draw yout topic on dial up.

I wtote this, and as I look up David is saying much the same thing,
Oh well,

ste

#158744 - 05/28/07 07:41 PM Re: Avatar/Picture Question [Re: reality2k4]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hello Logan,

Avatars should not be current pictures of you. They should be of you as a child. Your image must be smaller than 80x80 pixels; .gif, .jpg, and .png are allowed. If you need any assistance, please PM me.

And I just saw what David wrote.

Edited by Dewey2k (05/28/07 07:42 PM)

#158863 - 05/29/07 08:40 AM Re: Avatar/Picture Question [Re: Dewey2k]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

You can go to http://www.tinypic.com, once the picture is scanned onto your computer, and load it up there, then just use the 'url' when you update your profile. It work better that way for me, then to try to upload the avatar itself, and you do not need to change the size so much, because that site, it give it to you in proper size (I think)

VN

#159250 - 05/31/07 05:24 PM Re: Avatar/Picture Question [Re: VN]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Logan,

The utility (software) here at MS automatically re-sized the picture you see to the left. It was much larger than 80X80

Robbie

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#159256 - 05/31/07 06:47 PM Re: Avatar/Picture Question [Re: Still]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Too, if you do upload an image for your avatar, make sure it is "square" as opposed to "rectangular", since the MS software will take whatever you upload and force it to be square. The result is that if you upload a rectangular photo then it will be distorted, making you look either squat and fat or tall and thin.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.