Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
3 registered (Rich1967, Banjo596, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443248 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1565 - 03/17/06 02:40 PM New here...
Happy Birthday JGag78 Offline

Loc: VA
Hi, I'm new to the boards here.

When I was a kid, I remember being molested by this older kid from church. It happened at a birthday slumber party for one of my other friends.

I don't remember too much about it, except that it happened, and I never thought about it much. Here I am now, almost thirty, I have no real friends and I don't date. I never date, even though high school and I've never bothered to pursue much of a relationship with anyone.

I'm not totally alone as I have a disabled father to take care of (and his dog), but once he's gone I feel like I'll be free in a sense and am kind of looking forward to it. I don't know if I necessarily enjoy being alone all the time, but it's what I'm most comfortable with. It's easy, I get to do what I want, plus I would look forward to not having to worry about anyone else.

Sometimes I feel like getting help, but at the same time, I feel like I'm a piece of damaged merchandise and no what matter what gets patched up, the fact always remains. I feel like I'd rather just live alone and eventually die alone, be less fuss that way.

I just wanted to get this off my chest.

#1566 - 03/17/06 02:59 PM Re: New here...
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
JGag78,

Welcome to Male Survivor. I'm glad you took the big step of posting here and I hope you will continue. It really does help. When I first started here, my first reaction was Oh my God, I'm not alone!

Just get used to things at your own pace. There's no pressure on you here, and just post about whatever you want to.

Just to comment briefly on your first post: Your feelings about yourself are absolutely normal for survivors and they arise from what happened to you. Everything you say makes perfect sense to me in that context. Just remember that none of this was your fault. It can NEVER be the victim's fault.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#1567 - 03/17/06 03:38 PM Re: New here...
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
welcome.

i think you will find that feeling that you arent worthy or are damaged directly ties into the abuse. if you get that help, and hang in there, you can find your self-worth and value as a person. who knows, when you are coming from a better place, you might even decide being alone isnt so great after all. i hope you keep coming and reading here. i think you'll see there are a lot of us out there, and that you can overcome it.

#1568 - 03/17/06 03:57 PM Re: New here...
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
JGag78,
Welcome to Male Survivor. Lots of good people here and help. Lots of great info here for moving forward to a new life that can be filled with love. If you have the time go back and read some of the old post. Tom

#1569 - 03/17/06 04:54 PM Re: New here...
TNuss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Del-A-Ware???
JGag78,

Welcome here with us.

We are all alone amongst each other to find who we are, but if we trust ourselves to share who we are with those around us we will find that we are not alone at all.

Best wishes to your father and his dog, they are truly lucky to have you with there for them.

Good luck on your journey.

In harmony,
Troy

#1570 - 03/17/06 06:56 PM Re: New here...
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
JGag78,

Welcome. As others have already said, you are not alone; and that is good news. Here, we stand together, we are survivors and it is our goal to become thrivors. It can be done!

Love ya

Darrel

#1572 - 03/18/06 01:10 PM Re: New here...
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
JGag78,

Welcome to MS. I lived most of my adult life feeling like you described, when I got married I had to deal with another person and it took that feeling of peace away but after years of therapy and my wifes help I now enjoy people. I still think about being alone and how peaceful it was but I always remember the movie Parenthood, the grandmother told the story about the amusement park rides, some poeple like the marry-go-round but it just goes around, not very exciting. She said that she preferred the Rollercoster, it made her scared but it was also making her feel excited and thrilled. I agree with her and my life has been a rollercoster ride and sometimes it came of the track and I got injured but in all I would rather have lived and experienced than to have not. "It is better to have loved and lossed, than to have never loved at all." Replace the word love with lived and you can get a good idea about why I am happy to have put my cards on the table, however that does not mean that it is for everyone. Happy you are here, welcome to the brotherhood.

#1573 - 03/19/06 02:34 PM Re: New here...
Happy Birthday JGag78 Offline

Loc: VA
I just don't know where to start or what to do. I've tried to get involved with others, to start a relationship, but I end up just cutting it off and withdrawing, probably leaving them to wonder what happened to me. I never get beyond the talking and getting to know you part. Even if I did, I don't know how I would handle intimacy since I've never experienced it. And that's another thing, I'm embarassed by the fact that I'm almost thirty years old without having experienced any of this. It really does make you feel like damaged merchandise that nobody would want to bother with.

#1574 - 03/19/06 05:17 PM Re: New here...
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
JGag78,

Quote:
And that's another thing, I'm embarassed by the fact that I'm almost thirty years old without having experienced any of this.
You are just fine bro. Any animal can "do it", and sexual experience or "prowess" simply has nothing to do with your value as a person or as a man.

Last year I started a thread here called "virginity" (I think) that got some interesting replies. I'll see if I can dive down and find it in the archive and you can have a look. A lot of guys become sexually active past their 20s, and it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#1575 - 03/19/06 08:56 PM Re: New here...
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
JGag78 - have you watched the film, The 40 Year Old Virgin? It takes a humorous look at this issue, but the 40 year old comes out on top in the end (pun not intended).

Best wishes ..Rik

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.