Sorry, guys, this is a Babel Fish translation, so it's not as readable as it might be. I read it in French, but I didn't have either the time or the energy to translate it to English myself. I have cleaned up some of the most egregious translation errors. This report may be triggering!!!

Mexican soldiers fighting drug trafficking shown to have raped teenagers

MEXICO CITY (AP) - Mexican soldiers engaged in the fight against the drug cartels are shown to have doped, beaten and raped four teenagers over a period of several days, the director of the Mexican National Commission on Human Rights announced. According to the governmental commission, the girls and their families are alleged to have testified to abuses perpetrated in the mountainous State of Michoacan, where some 7.000 soldiers fight the gangs and burn marijuana crops. An immediate medical examination made it possible to confirm the rape of a 17 year old girl while the three others, 16 and 17 years old, were still under examination. The Mexican Department of Defense announced its intention to bring all its co-operation to the investigation and to punish in an exemplary way any soldier who would be recognized guilty abuse. According to the commission, complaints were also recorded against soldiers for arbitrary tortures, maltreatments and arrests on 48 other inhabitants of Michoacan from where president Felipe Calderon is originating. The teenagers stated to be taken along on May 2 with bags on the head on a military basis, and to be forced to inhale drug. Once unconscious, they would have been beaten and violated by the soldiers before to be slackened three days later with threats of reprisals on their families if they complained to the authorities. The number of implicated soldiers was not known right away. Other inhabitants complained to be beaten with blows of sticks of rifles and to have had the head covered with plastic bags or diving in water buckets. President Calderon sent troops in Michoacan in December within the framework of a vast operation of fight against the trusts of the drug which mobilized 24.000 soldiers as well as the federal police force through the whole of the Mexican territory. AP

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves