Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jacob S, Jim1961, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64018 Topics
446774 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#156312 - 05/15/07 07:11 PM Re: What concerts have you seen? [Re: melliferal]
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Going to show my age here, first real concert was The Who in 1967, the night before they recorded 'Live in Leeds' and Keith Moon was wrecking drum kits. Seen them 3 times since.

Page and Plant ( pre Zeppelin ) The Moody Blues, Status Quo, 10CC, and a whole load of others started off by playing the college circuit around here, Page and Plant live close by and still play some bars around here!

I've loved live music for as long as I can remember, The Stones, Cream, and all the great rock bands played at Birmingham which is 30 minutes drive for me.

Highlights?
Billy Idol was amazing, Chris Rea was the loudest bar none!, Keith Richards is a guitar god, but I'll die happy having seen John Lee Hooker perform at an open air concert on Toronto's waterfront.

Dave

#156313 - 05/15/07 07:25 PM Re: What concerts have you seen? [Re: Lloydy]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Hey Dave,
You just reminded me. I saw the Who and the Clash opened for them at Shea Stadium. What a night! I actually wound up on stage with them because security had to pull me up to bring me back to first aid. Some moron hit me over the head with a bottle (no, I was not the intended victim). Maybe that's why I forgot

#156340 - 05/15/07 11:00 PM Re: What concerts have you seen? [Re: Trish4850]
Chain Breaker Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
I guess I'll get to add another to my list: my wife won us tickets to see Little Richard live this Saturday night!

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves

#156780 - 05/18/07 12:12 AM Re: What concerts have you seen? [Re: Hauser]
cpt. confusion Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: midwest
This is a Great thread! All of you guys combined have seen some EXCELLENT SHOWS!!! I'm jealous of the older guys that got to see the classic rock greats... especially those of who've seen Zeppelin, or Robert Plant solo... (especially you Dave, living so close!!! so jealous)I would have given anything to see john Bonham in his prime jammin Moby Dick. Closest I got to that was seeing Jimmy Page when he toured with the Black Crowes playing Zep tunes... not nearly the same. At least now theres concert DVDs! I'm a live music junky, and theres no way to list EVERY show I've ever seen... but i'm gonna have some fun down memory lane, and in no particular order \:\) (and some of them ARE laughable as I look back... so I don't mind!)

Oasis
Bush
veruca salt
everclear
stone temple pilots
green day
the offspring
duran duran
chumbawumba
barenaked ladies (2x)
Dave Matthews Band (at least 10x... yearly tradition for my now fiance and I)
U2
Blues Traveler (2x)
Counting Crows (2x)
Smashing Pumpkins
Zwan
Jimmy Chamberlin Complex
Queens of the Stone Age
Jimmy Page with the Black Crowes
The Black Crowes (just them...)
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
O.A.R.
Live
Aerosmith
Lenny Kravitz
Rusted Root
Cherry Poppin' Daddies (HAHAHAHA)
Ozomatli
Vision of Disorder
Pantera
Morbid Angel
SoulFly
Tomahawk
Dillinger Escape Plan
ROLLINS BAND (@ the Metro in Chicago when they recorded their live cd !! \:\) )
WEEN!!!
Clutch (2x)
System of a Down
Isis
Victor Wooten (with his brothers)
Robert Randolph and the Family Band (2x)
Gipsy Kings (3 or 4x... and i got to meet them, and hang out with them in a chicago hotel lobby while they jammed twice... absolutely incredible down to earth musicians.)
Atmosphere
RJD2
Brother Ali
Sister Hazel
Herbie Hancock
Femi Kuti
Buddy Guy
harry Connick Jr.
...and you will know us by the trail of dead
Brazilian Girls
Chicago
huey lewis and the news
A perfect Circle (2 or 3x)
and TOOL (3x so far, #4 next month, and by far THE BEST live band I've seen, especially being able to see them at Red Rocks Amphitheater in CO, with King Crimson opening...incredible. THE Best and most Beautiful Venue in existence.)

sorry this turned into such a long post... thing is, those are the ones i can remember right now, and I know there are a lot more... I just started havin a lot of fun with good memories flooding back. I know I'm fortunate to be near a big city, and to have been able to have these experiences... I'm thankful for each and every one. thanks for startin this thread... music was and is my biggest release, and there is no other match for live music...

thanks for lettin me share.
peace,
cpt.

*WoR Alum
Sequoia I-March '11
Alta II, September '11

#157068 - 05/19/07 09:11 PM Re: What concerts have you seen? [Re: cpt. confusion]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
God, I used to live for big rock concerts. I remember seeing the Four Tops, the Beach Boys and the Mamas and the Papas in high school. Then I really got into it and probably the best concerts I ever hear were by the Who, Led Zeppelin and the Stones. The best vocalist had to be Janis Joplin!! Male vocalist? That's dead easy as well - Son House. Even in his old age...wow!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#157098 - 05/20/07 01:57 AM Re: What concerts have you seen? [Re: roadrunner]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

And for those of you who can get on the member's side, there's a picture of Larry when he was a yung'in with long hair at a rock concert. I forget which one, but it's there in the Images, Art, and Poetry forum archive some place.

Seems Larry got his likeness captured by an outfit shooting film of the concert. As I recall EGL, aka Eddie had the video of the concert and captured the picture of Larry with his computer and posted it!

Happy Hunting!

John

#157115 - 05/20/07 08:25 AM Re: What concerts have you seen? [Re: WalkingSouth]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

i worked at a summer camp.........in my 20s..........thier was a chap there from england.....clive was his name..........he went to school with eric clapton......he told me how they both got guitars at the same time.........eric was a natural....clive couldnt get it..............it was cool to talk to clive....about england and the music scene..............steve

#157116 - 05/20/07 08:34 AM Re: What concerts have you seen? [Re: FormerTexan]
Soccer Kid Offline

Loc: Missouri
I saw (in order):

The Beach Boys - Branson, Missouri
Smash Mouth - Warrensburg, Missouri
Keltic Reign - St. Louis, Missouri
Some strange Irish band in a bar - St. Louis, Missouri
Doogie (my gf's mom's church friend) - St. Charles (? might have been somewhere else), Missouri

"Reality is just an illusion."

#157121 - 05/20/07 09:17 AM Re: What concerts have you seen? [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted By: walkingsouth
And for those of you who can get on the member's side, there's a picture of Larry when he was a yung'in with long hair at a rock concert. I forget which one, but it's there in the Images, Art, and Poetry forum archive some place.

Seems Larry got his likeness captured by an outfit shooting film of the concert. As I recall EGL, aka Eddie had the video of the concert and captured the picture of Larry with his computer and posted it!

Yep - in the pic you can find me by looking for the BCGs (I loved Buddy Holly), and right next to me is my best friend Stevie. This was a big LZ concert at Madison Square Garden. We were right up front and afterwards I couldn't hear anything for days.

That was a wild week. I went with some friends to see Led Zeppelin, and the concert was so fantastic that we drove hundreds of miles a few days later to catch them a second time. Soooo stoned, of course. \:\) Five of us piled into this guy's Beetle and the whole car was filled with smoke - the police must have just pitied us and let us continue on our way.

Much rocking,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#157124 - 05/20/07 09:22 AM Re: What concerts have you seen? [Re: roadrunner]
Soccer Kid Offline

Loc: Missouri
LOL that's a funny story Larry.

My mother has a similar story of seeing Chicago in concert and swearing up and down that it was snowing (in the middle of summer btw) and that there were monkeys dancing on the stage...hmmm...I'm really not sure what she was on to see that...but whatever.

"Reality is just an illusion."

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.