Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
8 registered (TJ jeff, 7 invisible), 53 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438124 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#156926 - 05/19/07 02:00 AM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Yes Mike, I totally agree with you. Well said.

#157021 - 05/19/07 04:23 PM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
coldwarrior Offline
New Here

Loc: Belgium
For sure, war is a terrible thing.

Can I kill without regrets ? Maybe...but it will be function of the personn who is my target. If it is ennemies of my country, yes. Ennemies of freedom ? yes. My ennemies ? yes. I have grown adult as a fighter...I have lost my last teenager years being afraid by everything : men, girls, peoples.

I joined the army on an impulse. And I did my best to become an infantry man. I learned to fight, to shoot, to move aggresively, always with a displayed confidence even if I was scared to death inside. Do I excell in a firefight ? Just enought to stay alive.

I don't know if I am an agressive man...if so, do I have my place in the "civilized" world ? Yes, I keep a rifle loaded at home because I'm pretty afraid at night...Will my fear last all my life ?

I have seen many bad peoples in the army but I also met very nice and helpful people. I remember nearly 2 years ago : a joke went wrong and some buddies make me falling on my head first. The young sergeant (a girl I love deeply) who was with us ( I was a 1st class back to this time) quickly put me in my bed and came frequently to check if I was OK.

It was the first time since I have been assaulted I let somebody else touching me.

God I love her.

But I am probably crazy. I should tell her how I feel.

#157936 - 05/24/07 01:58 AM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: coldwarrior]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
Coldwarior , It was not my intintions to group all Army Personal into a group as bad people . I was saying that there are a few bad people in the ranks . I think that they should be Dishonarably Discharged reguardless of rank or time in servise

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#158026 - 05/24/07 05:27 PM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
It is my believe that the Army is the Back Bone of America. I was in the Army for 21 years and never seen or even heard of any one being sexualy assulted or Raped ( in the state of Ga an man can not be raped). The military was a good life for me after my abuse... I had to grow up and learn to become a man..I am very proud to have faught for my contry both in the US and out. Im very sorry for your experance in the Military. and did you say you are still in....

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#158052 - 05/24/07 07:55 PM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: wojax]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Maby in the state of Georga they do not call it rape . But any time that a person is Sodomised againts there will, That is rape . Sexual assults happen in the army . Maby you chose to close your ears and eyes ! If Thease things did not happen thet would not be treating nearly 20,000 Veterans for Military Sexual
Trama in VH Hospitals . This is something that is covered up . The victoms are encouraged to shut up or they are harrased until they are removed from the service .

#158184 - 05/25/07 01:22 PM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: wojax]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Wojax,

Originally Posted By: wojax
It is my believe that the Army is the Back Bone of America. I was in the Army for 21 years and never seen or even heard of any one being sexualy assulted or Raped ( in the state of Ga an man can not be raped).

It seems to me that your experience illustrates quite vividly the problem that Michael is talking about - the way in which victims of sexual abuse in the military are so effectively silenced, rather like the far better-known situation that for years prevailed with clergy abuse.

The case of Georgia law is also significant. Law is of course the creation of lawmakers - nothing more. This example shows how ignorance and prejudice, already very damaging and harmful, can become even worse if allowed by the citizens of a state to become consecrated in law.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#158197 - 05/25/07 03:17 PM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: roadrunner]
coldwarrior Offline
New Here

Loc: Belgium
Okie Mike, no prob, I understand your thought & feelings.
A dishonorable discharge would not be enough for such people...I would prefer a good old military prison.

Yes, it is true in every army through the world :
rape ? not seen, not know, not accepted.

Like in Georgia, like in Belgium...women can be raped, not men.

It is why I never went to report my own problem. Laws are made by politicians here, for politicians and the "common good".

#160150 - 06/06/07 03:32 AM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: coldwarrior]
OKIE MIKE Offline

I am glad that a book is being published about military rape . because THIS NEEDS TO BE TOLD . as soon as i can locate the money for this book I have to have it . There are to many people in the military that still do not want to see and hear the TRUTH \:\( !!!!!!
If you have ever served in the Military
You need to read " HONOR BETRAYED "

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.