Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (petercorbett), 27 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447714 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#156287 - 05/15/07 02:49 PM RAPE IN THE MILITARY
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
Rape in the military is more common that people think . When a person trys to report it through there chain of command they are blocked at every turn , and usualy are made the scape goat and harrased at every turn until they are forced to keep it quiet of are discharged for disiplinary reasons .
I had to fight for several years to prove my case . This needs to be stoped !!! Some how We need the military to prosicute the Sexual Preditors that are in there ranks . Most of the Preditors are in the upper ranks and people are afraid of them
Some how the public needs to be made awair of this . So that people that join the military know what they are exposing them selfs to
They need to put a stop to this NOW . pass laws that put thease people in the stocade for a long time and then Dishonarably Discharge them .
The E-7 that raped me had nothing happen to him . I am still looking for him after almost 30 years.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#156290 - 05/15/07 04:15 PM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Michael

I am very sorry to hear what has happened to you.Its sickening to think that such people "lurk" in the military. they should be dealt with swiftly and booted out or jailed for their actions.

i really do hope you get him.

duncan

#156475 - 05/16/07 12:54 PM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: duncanUK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Michael,

It sounds a lot like the coverups that go on in the church. The need to preserve the "dignity" and honor of the institution outweighs considerations of justice. I wonder how common this is. I have never seen any literature on sexual abuse in the military.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#156514 - 05/16/07 02:48 PM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: roadrunner]
coldwarrior Offline
New Here

Loc: Belgium
Such people are a shame to my uniform...and sadly it is far more common than commonly believed.

#156580 - 05/17/07 01:28 AM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: coldwarrior]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
If I were an officer in the military, it would NOT be happening under my command! I would instruct all of my staff to bring ANY word of rape to me personally and that I would deal with it myeself.

#156582 - 05/17/07 01:37 AM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: Hauser]
OKIE MIKE Offline

SOMETIMES IT WAS THE OFFICERS DOING THIS

#156584 - 05/17/07 01:48 AM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Jesus, how the fuck do perps become officers?

#156592 - 05/17/07 03:25 AM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: Hauser]
coldwarrior Offline
New Here

Loc: Belgium
You would be afraid to know what can become an officier...
Cowards, monsters,...you can find everything in the Armed Forces.

I am a young NCO and I can swear that I have seen things done by enlisted men, NCO & officers that are absolutely crazy.

Two years ago, a young woman have been assaulted in the Royal Military School by two fellows cadets simply because she was clever (they told that to the judge)...you have an example of what can become an officer.

I always had great pride of wearing my uniform...lot of honor is attached to our uniforms that our ancestors covered with sacrifice and blood.

But that's a dishonor ! I have fighted very hard to overcome my problems, to have the right to be a soldier, to show, like I often say "I am not a super man but neither an under man". That required efforts & tears from myself, just to prove myself that I am not less than anybody.

Let me shoot such people...I would take care of that.

#156622 - 05/17/07 09:20 AM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: coldwarrior]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
So it sounds very much like the Church. Having the right costume doesn't mean you personify the moral standards we associate with someone dressed that way. Sounds like the military needs to learn some of the hard lessons the Church had to deal with.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#156911 - 05/18/07 11:52 PM Re: RAPE IN THE MILITARY [Re: roadrunner]
OKIE MIKE Offline

People that will kill with out any regrets , are the people that excell in a fire fight . Unfortunately this is the kind of people that you need to fight a war . But in a civilian socity
thease kind of people have no place . Most of thease people would end up in prisons due to there agressive nature . But war is a terrable thing . that I wish would go away . But we both know that that will neaver happen . This is why that you find a few terrable people in places of athority within the military
There are also some great people in the military . but in any large group you will find a few bad ones

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.