Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438127 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#155333 - 05/09/07 06:05 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: shadowkid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: shadowkid
well then lets all just say fuck it and leave,personaly i dont see how what happened has anything to do with those of us who are not lying, personaly i feel like im getting fucked by proxy ,i can understand how the trust was damaged but i feel shit on twice as bad being told that maybe i cant be trusted now. i didnt know dan 18 well but i thought that the rest of us knew each other well enough to be able to get through something like this. i know im not singled out but i am part of the site and if you cant trust ms then i guess you cant trust me either . you do understand that this is exactly the reaction that dan hoped for right?to screw up the only place we had left . no fucking perp is gonna make me doubt my friends and if i get burnt ?wont be the first time ,wont be the last .but it will be woreth the risk,sorry im not angry at anyone here im just pissed in general

Adam, I won't leave!!!

But I need to be deleted NOW. There's too much stuff and I'm too vulnerable as I am currently represented on this site. I clearly have been targeted by this person or organization and need to make this all as safe as possible NOW.

I'll re-register under a new profile.

But PLEASE dont be upset with me. I'm feeling very vulnerable right now. This keeps hapenning in my life. I keep getting used. I trusted too much!!!

Still's Globs

New Video

#155334 - 05/09/07 06:11 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: sabata]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

This may sound callous, and I apologize for that. I'm not picking on Rob individually, and I'm sorry, Rob, if you feel that way- it is not my intention. The situation points out something that I've seen on a number of occasions, both personally and on-line.

What happened here sucks. Betrayal is something we all know to some extent. This betrayal is doubly bad because of the trust that has been shattered and the emotional wounds that have been inflicted on souls that have been already wounded beyond measure.

However, betrayal is something that we as survivors must learn to deal with in our healing, as well as operating in a space that is not safe, or even hostile. In this instance, the gut instinct is to run far and run fast to get away from the pain and vulnerability. In this instance, I think that could be a mistake.

There are people here who are indisputably genuine, and those people are easily identified by their longevity on the site and the wisdom their words impart. Those people can be the best support in a time like this when one is struggling to rebuild the willingness to put oneself out there again. Running away from a place where one can communicate with these people could certainly be counterproductive. It allows one to dwell over the circumstances of what has happened and allows the negative energy to entrench itself. By staying and talking, by working through the fear and pain with people who are genuine and wise, one can stop the backward slide and again start forward.

Again, I'm sorry if this feels like I've singled you out, Rob, but maybe this will help.

I hope you stay.

#155337 - 05/09/07 06:39 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: Dewey2k]
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Hey Guys-

Rob stayed at my house last night and is a home away from home for him when he is on business in my city. He is okay, he is just pissed off and rightfully so- and he wants his personal story, posts, and personal information deleted. This must be respected and honored. He simply wants a new handle to be able to start over on MS and disclose a little more carefully.

Naturally when something like happens it just re-stimulates all that crap all over again- and in Robbie's case- its pretty intense.

I think the best thing in this case as I have read this thread- it seems many of you have suspected this asshole under different handles for quite some time. These suspicions should have been reported to a moderator and this individual should have been under surveillance. It is the duty of all of us to report suspicious activity to the webmaster and board members.

I remember when I had some rather heated disagreements with Nobby and there was no hesitation in my being turned in to a mod!

My point is, if there is a doubt or a concern and/or any kind of red flag- it needs to be immediately reported. I had a suspicion that an ex of mine had logged on and it was checked out immediately.

We have to look out for each other, and most of the time we do. Malesurvivor has done wonders for many of us and they continue to do their level best at keeping this place safe- but they need our help.

Don't be afraid to report creepy activities- if it turns out to be nothing- then no harm done.

Just my $0.02

Much love,

Philobat

#155338 - 05/09/07 06:47 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: Dewey2k]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

All,

I am sorry if I'm weak. Been that way ever since then.

Sorry I run. I always have.

Sorry I'm not tough enough..never have been.

PLEASE realize this: I had an employee once. He came to me with an array of problems. I was in my twenties and was fully fkd-up on drugs and alcohol to keep this CSA beast of mine in check. I told this employee to "suck it up and get one with life just like I do." He promptly killed himself!!!

Ever since then, I cant help but want to help people. When I see a kid like Dan-IT, I HAVE to help. How could any of us NOT???

BUT...It used me..IT got off on my story and ALL the details I had to share with IT to keep IT from hurting ITself. I shared things ....fk it.....I sent IT photolinks to try to keep IT happy. IT knows such things about me!!!!GOD damn her!!!

If THIS can happen, then my fears over "MY STORY" are likely true. That is people are "getting off" on my horrible story. On what happened to little Robbie.

Little Robbie has suffered long enough. He was use like fkg MEAT! Now I lead him to what was supposed to be help and he gets used again!! I gave IT Robbie on a siver platter!!!

This place has been a lifeline to me. So...I'll do what I do so well...TRUST some more! Traust again. Stick around for MORE!

But I WANT MY STORY PULLED!!!! I WANT MY D.O.B. CLEARED! NOW!!!

I hear the best way to clear all that crap is to assign a new username. So make me RobbieLives!!! Just get my stuff off of here NOW! I hope no one else ever sees my story again!

Still's Globs

New Video

#155347 - 05/09/07 08:04 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: Still]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
There is another way to look at this whole thing Rob, (which I apparently do.) I could give a shit less about who reads my story, I'm not embarrassed, and I'm not ashamed. Not only that, I will readily admit, to anyone that has the slightest HINT of my my troubled childhood, about how screwed up and dysfunctional I am to this DAY.

I suggest to you that you do NOT change your ID or your profile. You have NOTHING to be ashamed of or embarrassed ABOUT.

If this means anything to you Rob............seriously ok? I'm quite proud of the man you've become, (not implying that you're striving for my approval, but I know what you mean to your wife and children) I guess what I'm trying to say is: "Why hide?" You are a GOOD guy. You've come to a forum like this to help deal with some problems and some unexpected shit came up, so WHAT? Fuck him. I would have forgotten about this guy already except that it's still an issue for YOU, hence my practical advice. Let him go and be happy knowing that you're not so fucked up as to be like Dan17.

Goodbye Dan17, you're a pretty good liar. Have you considered running for office?

#155351 - 05/09/07 08:23 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: Hauser]
istrong Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: CT
Hey Rob, you probally dont know me, im kinda new here only a month or so, and well ive read some of your posts and talked with you in the chatroom. Honestly Rob, dont stop helping people your really really good at it, you may not know this but you really have helped me these past weeks. What Dan-IT did was dispicable, but dont let that stop you, your a great guy and i respect your strength, dont let a little turd like Dan-IT stop you from doing what your great at, helping people and listening.
Sorry for rambling i just wanted to return a little of the help you've so generously sent my way.

I'd rather be above the grass than below it.

#155352 - 05/09/07 08:37 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: Still]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown

I am sorry if I'm weak. Been that way ever since then.

Sorry I run. I always have.

Sorry I'm not tough enough..never have been.

Rob,

You are not weak, and you are tough enough. And I mean that for all the other guys here as well. Just making it through that minefield of childhood proves how strong and tough we all are.

Someone made a suggestion above that if there are guys here who are feeling unsafe due to all this, that maybe you can spend some time just posting on the members side. That's a GREAT suggestion, because I myself went through a period of about an entire YEAR doing just that because I felt unsafe after a similar episode as this last year.

The main point, though, should be not to shut down because of this. Keep yourself grounded and know that there are genuine people here at MS who care about your safety and recovery.

#155355 - 05/09/07 08:45 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: Still]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Guys,

I would like to suggest that the first thing we need to do right now is honor how we all feel. Let's look at ourselves first: ask yourselves how has this incident affected ME and what I thought I was doing in my recovery? If you feel hurt, betrayed, unsafe, alarmed or whatever - - talk about it. We all have close friends here; that's the way a place like this works, as a community with all sorts of little sub-communities humming and buzzing along. Go to your friends here, say how you feel and ask for the help you need.

Let's also look around to each other. No two of us will react the same way, but each of us could use a word of support and understanding right now. Cast a look around the site, find a hurting friend and ask him how he's doing. Listen if he needs an ear. Remember also that some guys will be sitting quietly, not sure what to do or think. And let's give some special support to the new guys. If you've been here a year and are feeling rocked, imagine what it's like for the guy who's been here a week.

And let's also support our mod and admin team. These people do one hell of a job and spend enormous amounts of time keeping this place safe and comfortable. Almost all of that work is unseen and behind the scenes, and it's based on state of the art technology, constant vigilance, ongoing training, and a non-stop dialogue in search of new and better ways to keep this place safe. I am sure the lights have been burning in Modville non-stop since all this blew up, and personally I am 100% sure that everything that can be done IS being done. But let's remember that hindsight is always 20/20, guys. And if the mods can't explain every move that's being made, that's because if they did that they would have time for nothing else.

Finally, let's make sure we hang together as a community of committed survivors: committed to our individual recovery and also to each other. We DO need each other right now. Let's not start doubting each other because of the foolishness of some idiot (and I do think that's all she was). Yes, it's true that this is the Internet and we can never be 100% sure we are safe here. But it's also true that I can't be 100% sure that I'm safe at the desk where I'm sitting right now. What I DO know is I can't live my life on the assumption that I am in constant peril.

It's all about boundaries, as a very wise friend used to tell me when I first came here. If you have any doubts about something, report it to the mods. It's okay. If you feel uncomfortable in chat, leave for a bit. That's fine too. If you feel you have to take a break off the site for a bit, that's okay as well. Eddie comments on the Members' side, and that's a great idea in any case; over there whatever is said can only be accessed by other members.

Push the limits of your comfort zone, sure, but at the same time be clear about what you are doing and saying and how that is going to help you here. At the end of the day, alongside the work of the admin and mod teams it's confidence in ourselves and our ability to keep to good boundaries that keeps us safe here. Let's do this together.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#155358 - 05/09/07 08:49 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: EGL]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

All,

Stop focusing on me. This was more about the deception perped on all of us. I got pulled in really close to IT. But stop with me ok.

I should not have posted my intent to delete. I want to slip out of sight as Eddie suggests. The mods have pulled my story and I am VERY happy with that.

BUT, I hurt some friends here with my reaction. I desperately hope they can forgive me. This thing threw me SO hard back to 1972 ...back when I realized just how used I truly was. I got to tell ya, last night was BAD. Had I not been a Philo's house, I would have been in big trouble.

Today, however, I just wanted to disapear. But I NEVER wanted to leave you guys.

ADAM!!! Please forgive me!?

Still's Globs

New Video

#155361 - 05/09/07 08:54 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: Still]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rob,

Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
BUT, I hurt some friends here with my reaction. I desperately hope they can forgive me. This thing threw me SO hard back to 1972 ...back when I realized just how used I truly was. I got to tell ya, last night was BAD. Had I not been a Philo's house, I would have been in big trouble.

I don't mean to focus on you at all, I just want to say I don't think anybody needs to be forgiven for anything they have said. We are all letting go of what we think and how we feel. This is the place for that.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.