Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#155321 - 05/09/07 04:56 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: Chain Breaker]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: Chain Breaker
How did the mods and you all sense this and the rest of us just get completely sucked in? What was it that tipped you off?

I got sucked in for a long time. I'm not mad at myself for that--hope you're not, either. I like the fact that I can still be innocent and trusting. Even when I was getting annoyed at the game-playing, I still thought the story was basically true.

But I started to notice --

--Nothing was getting through to "Dan" -- it was like talking to a tape loop of self-blame.

--He'd make remarks that were guaranteed to provoke a reaction. Older brother--"I shouldn't have slapped him." No context. Everyone's forced to go "What???" He PMed me out of the blue once with "It makes me sick...very very sick." Okay, what does?

--I haven't gone back and counted, but he announced he was leaving forever and came back the next day, I think six times in a month.

--When he did offer support, it was almost too much - "I love you all." "You're my big brother."

I don't know. Right now, I'd like to believe that I was talking to a real kid, in real pain. And maybe even she doesn't know what's driving her. Maybe she will realize she is a survivor of something after all (no big stretch of imagination there!)

#155322 - 05/09/07 04:57 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: FormerTexan]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Adam and Ste are very correct in their posts above. This kind of riot here is exactly what "Dan" was looking to achieve. It's the ultimate climax to it all. Staying here, supporting each other, and moving forward deprives him of all that. We have the ability to pop his balloon and throw water on his fireworks. It's all in how we react to him.

CB - MemoryVault posted the following above:

Quote:

1. Post some nice, supportive replies to other people. Offer friendship.
2. Post a really harsh self-hating one-liner guaranteed to get people to worry and post reassurances.
3. PM the people who respond.
4. Announce permanent departure from the board. Wait for people to welcome you back.
5. Come back next day. Return to Step 1. Repeat five times.
6. Change identity. Repeat entire cycle.

I became concerned at step 2 above because it seemed out of character with his earlier posts. When he went to step 4, I became suspicious because of the repeated, prolonged, and manipulative tone of it all. That was the major item that really sealed it for me. When "Older Brother" appeared, I was 99% convinced he was a fraud. A few nights ago, I had even typed "You're full of shit!" into the reply box on his thread, but at the last minute didn't send it. I instead started a dialogue with a moderator about my concerns at that point.

Robbie - I believe you can edit any personal information out of your profile that you want. If you need help, please let me know and I'll be glad to help step you through it.

#155323 - 05/09/07 04:58 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: FormerTexan]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Andy, I was not calling you, I hope you got that,

ste

#155324 - 05/09/07 05:01 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: Still]
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
This has blown trust away and I dont know how to recover without trusting people.

I wish i had not disclosed at all.

Rob my friend

So because of what this person did all of us are supposed to suffer from it. You know you refer elsewhere to this place as your lifeline, so this is what I have to say : you are one of my strongest lifelines right now. Does that mean I will hae to suffer the consequences as well.

You refer to trust being broken. We didnt break that trust. We all have to trust in here. I entrusted you with information I have never shared with other people. To me that was a risk I was willing to take. To me it feels as if I will be rejected by you if you leave. You remember our agreement, my promise to you. My friend I am holding onto that currently for dear life. So the only thing i want to tell you is by leaving you will not only leave a void in here but it will have a ripple of consequences for some of us who trust you and needs you.

Do what you have to do but please consider the consequences for others in here as well.

#155325 - 05/09/07 05:03 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: pietie]
healingpartner Offline

I know I am not supposed to post here, but I am desparate.

Rob is not responding to my calls, emails or anything. I don't know where he is. I don't know what flights he is supposed to be on or if he will be on it.

I am terrified beyond words

any of you who are believers, please pray.

I am desparate...I don't know what is going on.

#155326 - 05/09/07 05:05 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: pietie]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Dont feed the donor!
Guess who? Is feeding with the anger they create???

#155327 - 05/09/07 05:07 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: healingpartner]
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
Lorie

You have my prayers.

#155328 - 05/09/07 05:17 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: pietie]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
ste,

You and I are ok. I was responding to Rob's post.

Lorie,

You got it.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#155330 - 05/09/07 05:54 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: FormerTexan]
healingpartner Offline

Thank you all for your prayers.

He called. Will be home in the morning.

Sounds like he has calmed down.

Again, thank you for your prayers.

And I am sorry I posted here...I just didn't know what to do.

Love you all

#155331 - 05/09/07 05:54 PM Re: USE ME like the BITCH I AM! [Re: reality2k4]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

boy do i feel so dumb...........i had no idea what rob was talking about ..on this post...........now i know........i never dreamed that some one would come here and do such things......for some crazey reason.....i felt this place was safe..................i just figured everyone here was real....and thier needs were real......boy am i in such a unaware place...............................Steve

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.