Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
6 registered (highflight, don64, tbkkfile, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63173 Topics
441748 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#154581 - 05/05/07 03:42 PM Re: Im new. Im embarrassed. [Re: reality2k4]
Rixxagain Offline
New Here

Loc: AZ
Its funny how these childhood things go... The influence they project on our lives. In theory, we are supposed to have total control and freedom of choice in life and what we do or become. For me, that freedom has been like the battle at Midway.
PPl seem to be doing that 'she' thing to me more as time goes on. My granddaughter keeps calling me Grandma. Me? Im just too damm tired to get worked up about it. I read this inspirational thing in my therapists office from an 85 year old man that was dying. Someone asked him what he would do over if he could and he said, " I would have a hell of alot more real problems and a hell of alot less imaginary ones". To me. that meant, not that anyones problems arent real, but more like, - big woop. Why stress and obsess about these things.
I too admire and respect PPL like that person in the movie. The strength of character that takes,,, I'd like to have. Ya know though Ste, I dont think that people really care what we are. I think all they really care about is that what they are seeing is real, sincere and honest.
Peace
Rick

#154582 - 05/05/07 03:42 PM Re: Im new. Im embarrassed. [Re: reality2k4]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Hey Rick, don't worry about apoligizing you hit the nail on the head. I think maybe alot of the feelings come from the acceptence of society as well. As in society would not accept my sexuality in a male sense but would accept it in a female. So maybe my desire to think as a female comes from my need to be accepted. Gee, then I'd be a totaly accepted sexual being, wouldn't that be nice. In fact I'd be desired for it and that would be really really nice.

Mike

#154588 - 05/05/07 04:17 PM Re: Im new. Im embarrassed. [Re: mogigo]
Rixxagain Offline
New Here

Right. In large part, I understand what you are saying. As a female, everything would line right up. My sexuality, gender identity, social acceptance, all that would be perfectly normal,,, and healthy. Very mentally healthy.
Tell me if youve ever heard this before.
Essence is the difference between how I relate to myself and how I relate to the world. What this means to me is, how I relate, feel and think to myself is completely different than how I relate the same to the world. One may think right off, that essence, who I am - doesnt have much to do with social issues, but it really does, at least for me. I may be the softest, kindest most compassionate and loving person on earth within, but that is not what I present to the world. I may have the deepest, most romantic, passionate fantasies within myself, but noone out there would know it, and wouldnt accept it if they did. This leaves me with a rift,,, what I am in essence doesnt fit with society. If I was a female though, it would all line up and I would fit perfectly. My essence wold be cohesive with society. I would feel normal, healthy and desirable.
Everyone has these rifts in essence between self and society to some extent, and I try and ensure that Im not glamorizing things. I think too though, that while society is getting alot more accepting of GLBT, we ourselves within, is where real acceptance must be. I may already have social acceptance - but it wouldnt do me any good at all if I dont accept me. I wouldnt even see it. Like I just said to Ste, most people, the vast majority, dont really care about what we are. They care that they are being treated with the dignity of seeing truth and sincerity. If I were, as a female, to feel normal, healthy and desirable ,,, I dont see any reason why I shouldnt anyways.
\:\)

Rick

#154595 - 05/05/07 05:31 PM Re: Im new. Im embarrassed. [Re: Rixxagain]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Rick,

Welcome to MaleSurvivor. Glad you found our little hideaway on the www. You've received some great interaction here so far. Glad that is happening. I don't struggle with the issue of gender confusion, but wanted to bid you welcome just the same.

Lots of love,

John

#154596 - 05/05/07 05:34 PM Re: Im new. Im embarrassed. [Re: Rixxagain]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hello, Rick,

I can relate somewhat on the gender identity issue due to several reasons. I was born the 3rd son of 3 children, and my father had been wanting a girl. He even had the girl's name already picked out, etc. Instead, out popped me with a penis, the beginning of my life as a disappointment to him because I was not a girl. When my older brother began sexually abusing me, he used me like a girl, and even furthered that by humiliating me in front of neighborhood kids by calling me "Little Sister".

So you can imagine the mind-fuck all that was doing on me. I married at 18, partly to get away from my father, and partly to "prove" to myself that I was a man by doing what men do - get married and have sex with a woman in a normal heterosexual manner.

This is a hard issue for a lot of sexual abuse survivors, Rick. I'm glad you've joined MS and I know it can help you as you start to heal from the past. Welcome!

#154602 - 05/05/07 06:20 PM Re: Im new. Im embarrassed. [Re: EGL]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Yes, I think I'm following you Rick, big thought's for little old me \:\) I think I have accepted myself, my real self, but when I go out into the world my suit of armor definately comes on. No way I'm going to portray my kind, caring, feminine side to the world. While many people would like this side, it leaves me far to open to victimization by the creatures that crawl around in our society. Too many see these QUALITIES as weakness in a male and pounce at any sign of weakness from others. I would actually call this weakness from them for actually taking offence at others percieved failings. Of course that doesn't stop the danger, so the qualities are hidden away by me until they can come out in safe places like here.

I think it's nonsense to think that we all don't need acceptance by society as a whole, I think alot of the problems in the world are from paring ourselves down into little groups of people where every difference is seen as a threat by another group. Civilation has only come about by the acceptance of more and more differences, and if we ever hope to keep moving forward it will be done by continuing to pull more and more differences into the acceptible catagory.

I do think by accepting my real self though I do move farther and farther into isolation. It feels better as whole personally but I lose alot of the social part of myself, the part of me that would be cultivated by being allowed to express myself honestly in society is being stunted, so in a sense I again am not becoming what would be considered the real me.

Hope that made some sense.
Mike

#154651 - 05/05/07 10:28 PM Re: Im new. Im embarrassed. [Re: mogigo]
Rixxagain Offline
New Here

Yes, this is a cool little place on the net huh WalkinSouth? I was thinki9ng before, how did I not find this sooner?
I got ya beat EGL... I joined the Marine Corp., to learn to feel like a real man. Haha. I also married twice and had 6 kids. I dont regret either. The Marines remain a most special and unique time in my life, and I love my kids like allll what. I wouldnt change my course in life just because of them.
Mike, your words echo my life. Very similar but not completely the same. The paradox is the same in that, to have yourself leads to isolation from society, and to have society leads to isolation from self. The only commuinity we have is our own.
The difference is... in order to feel 'normal', I isolated huge tracts of myself, real self, and built a male caricature,,, adapting male behaviors and 'values', etc. Over time- I lost the real me and thought the caricature was me. The truth though, and the end result, was feeling " dead empty " emotionally. It makes sense, how many feelings can a walking, talking, mannequin feel? I was no more alive than one of these speech recognition machines on the phones these days. Theyre begining to sound more and more llife-like, but they arent. That was my life. Dead empty.
What got me started on this whole gender thing was going back to church. I mean, the gender thing existed before, but became important when I went back to church. I accepted that I was essentially female and it was my intention to show God, no I am not a perfect person, but I can be a very good girl. Honestly, I fully expected God to give me a heart attack or something to get me OUT of his church. Haha. Was I ever surprised.... God welcomed me with joy. It was my first expereience with the real, total and pure goodness of God, all that acceptance with no hesitation at all. This is real-- this was the first real feeling of my soul and God in my life. Not dead empty.
Of course, being human, and wanting to be a good christian man, I went right back into denial and caricature. Since then though, now God is showing ME what a good girl I can be. Its amazing... like a miracle. Since then, I have found that my spirituality and connection with myself and God runs right through what feels most feminine to me.
I guess the reason I even brought up spirituality is,,, I have found that it is key to the acceptance and rejection of myself. I have a whole, very complicated story of feeling like a chick, and spiritual issues involved with my essence and the abuse and rape and all that, that led to such rejection of myself. The thing that I have found since God, is absolute acceptance without hesitation means, we dont have to isolate huge tracts of ourselves trying to be acceptable. Me? I isolated football fields of myself that, really Mike-- It is almost like God is forcing me to look at mysel, in a very kind way. So, I am.
Peace to all of you. Thanks for the warm, warm welcome.
Rck

#159064 - 05/30/07 10:53 AM Re: Im new. Im embarrassed. [Re: reality2k4]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rixx,

I hope this discussion was helpful to you and has encouraged you to make more use of the site. There is a lot to learn and talk about here and I hope you feel safe and comfortable.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.