Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jay1946, Obi), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63557 Topics
444049 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#154955 - 05/07/07 11:19 PM Re: something happened... *trigger* [Re: Stefan012]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I'm here! Please take this safe hand-hold.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#154967 - 05/08/07 12:46 AM Re: something happened... *trigger* *DELETED* [Re: Still]
krayoss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: west
Post deleted by krayoss

#154996 - 05/08/07 10:30 AM Re: something happened... *trigger* [Re: krayoss]
Alexander Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
yeah, so... thanks for replying everyone.
Like said before i go mostly from feeling nothing to panicattack and back.. I keep waking up in a panic after a hour sleep or a few hours of sleep.
I did start chemo monday. It has to be done anyway. No use in pushing it forward a bit more.. it has already been pushed forward 2 weeks or so cause i was sick.. and i would only been stuck in this hospital even longer then anyway..
Hopefully in a couple of months at least this sh*t is over and done with... I hope..
I just, i hate this... Everyone wants to talk to me, ask me stuff, police, hospital shrink, youthcare, everyone asks me all of the time 'how do you feel' and stuff like that. "well what do YOU think?!? Quit asking me stupid questions...
I understand that they are trying to help... but it doesn't really help... Try telling them that though..
I just hate it that i'm stuck in this hospital for another 3 weeks... I hate lying in this bed being able of nothing besides read, watch tv, internet.. I hate feeling this weak and tired and helpless and dirty and.. I could go on and on... I can't even take a walk if i'd wished to cus those legs just won't carry me anymore. I hate it that people have to touch me to do their job even if it's just my arm or something.
I'm sorry for ranting like this... It's not like I can change those things anyway..

Alexander

But I am screaming underneath

#155003 - 05/08/07 11:00 AM Re: something happened... *trigger* [Re: Alexander]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Alex, you need to keep strong, and you can tell them all to back off for a while.
They DONT know what you are going through, none of them.

See if you can get out in a wheelchair, then at least you
can get some fresh air.
We just want you safe on the other side of this,

ste

#155017 - 05/08/07 11:53 AM Re: something happened... *trigger* [Re: reality2k4]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hey, Alex --

Don't be afraid to ask us for what you need, too--we'll understand, whatever it is.

"Hang out in chat for a while, but don't ask me how I'm feeling."
"Tell me some really bad jokes."
"Talk to me about something else."
"Give me some advice/Don't give me any advice."

Whatever you need.

David

#155028 - 05/08/07 12:51 PM Re: something happened... *trigger* [Re: MemoryVault]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Alexander,

It's okay to rant and say you're fucking pissed off and fed up. That's exactly the kind of thing it's not good to keep bottled up inside. When people at the hospital ask you how you're feeling this is what they're inviting you to talk about.

If you can't walk around much and that upsets you, just say so and ask if they can get you outside at least to catch some sun and fresh air. You're right: it sucks being stuck inside like this and for such a long time.

Most especially, Alexander, SAY something if people are touching you and you don't like it. They WILL understand and try to be more gentle with you. I still do that, bro. When I see new doctors who don't know me, I just tell them I'm a survivor of CSA and I feel uncomfortable being touched or crowded by people I don't know or trust yet. In every case the doctors were glad I told them and things were a lot better for both of us.

It's all about knowing you have a right to be respected and treated well, and learning to ask for what you need. I can imagine this may sound like a lot of new-age crap, but it really is important.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#155100 - 05/08/07 07:54 PM Re: something happened... *trigger* [Re: roadrunner]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

get it out...............Alexander the great.............let everyone hear you...................wish i had some way to just make it all go away for you......sorry as i dont.....please be kind to your self........and look to your future..........................................steve

#158511 - 05/27/07 11:24 AM Re: something happened... *trigger* [Re: sabata]
Alexander Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
I still keep waking up in panics... Some days more often then others... As i sleep a LOT it happens a lot... I nap a lot.. But like I said I keep waking up in a panic.
I get a lot of nightmares again, too.

And then when I do wake up I don't want to go back to sleep again, so I exhaust myself by going into chat or something.
Everything to not have to sleep and get more nightmares, everything to not be alone whit just me and my thoughts.

Sometimes I just want to curl up in a ball and die... It would be so much easier.. o well.

Alexander

But I am screaming underneath

#158550 - 05/27/07 06:15 PM Re: something happened... *trigger* [Re: Alexander]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hey, Alexander -

Sorry that's still happening! Can you think of any "levers" you have--things that you can do that help you feel safer? What makes it get better or worse?

David

#158551 - 05/27/07 06:17 PM Re: something happened... *trigger* [Re: MemoryVault]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
alexander,

sorry about the panics. you will be ok.

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.