Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442067 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#153692 - 05/01/07 10:31 AM Healing Circles still room for others
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN

We still have room for others in all the healing circles that we are trying to get started. I know that there are many out here who don't know about this so I am reposting this notice.

Please reply in this post or PM me if you wish to join. Thanks, hope to see you in the circle.

International Peer Support Groups Forming

Meetings last 60 - 90 Minutes

GROUP A
Sundays pm / Monday am
TIME
Sunday 4pm PDT, 5pm MDT, 6pm CDT, 7pm EDT, London 12 midnight
Monday am Perth and Manila 7am, Tokyo 8 am, Sydney 9am

GROUP B
Mondays
TIME
10am PDT, 12 noon CDT, 1pm EDT. 6pm London, 7pm Brussels and Johnannesburg,
9pm Mosscow.

Group C
Time to be set
Mondays Early am USA ,
Noon, Afternoon, England, Europe,
Evenings, Australia, Japan, Manila

Peer support groups can be a very powerful tool in the healing process.

We would like to see if peer support can work over the internet.

In order to have a open and truthful discussion of the issues, once formed groups will be closed meetings. The same group of guys would meet once a week to work on healing issues.

We are going to use the chat room format with a few changes. One of the members of the group will be the facilitator who directs the meeting. Only one person will be speaking at a time. For part of the meeting we will have a Topics of the week, up for discussion. Most of the meeting will be open for talking about issues we are working on.

Below is our mission statement.

Welcome to the healing circle.

We understand that the road is easier when not traveled alone and therefore the purpose of this circle is to provide a place of safety for men who as children or in adulthood have been victims of sexual abuse and or assault. Here, one can express his thoughts, fears, joys, or anger and know that his voice will be heard by others who will understand and validate him as a human being. Here, the focus is not so much on the past as it is on healing. Naturally the past and its abuse will come up from time to time but the purpose is to find a way through it to the healing that awaits on the other side. We will look at our journeys to see where we are on the road to healing and discuss things that work for us as well as things that do not. We will learn from the mistakes and successes of others and thus promote healing in our own lives.

Sessions in this circle are not intended to take the place of regular sessions with a therapist. It should be thought of as a group of friends traveling similar roads all headed for the common goal of healing. It is highly recommended that members of this forum either currently be in therapy or already have dealt with these issues over the years with a therapist.

#153704 - 05/01/07 11:52 AM Re: Healing Circles still room for others [Re: Muldoon]
TNuss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Del-A-Ware???
I'm interested in GROUP B. I would be able to take part during my lunch hour. What do I need to get involved?

Thank you!!!

In harmony,
Troy

In harmony,
Troy

#153818 - 05/01/07 08:21 PM Re: Healing Circles still room for others [Re: TNuss]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

troy i will send you a PM when I get home from work.
The PM will explain everything. Tom

#153936 - 05/02/07 10:51 AM Re: Healing Circles still room for others [Re: Muldoon]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

We are going to try to start the group support meetings on May 13-14. All those that asked to be part of the circles should get a group PM by Thursday. This group PM will help us get ready before the meetings start.

If you don't get the group PM you should PM me and I will add you.

Looking forward to talking with you all in Circle

Tom

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.